UW BOTHELL I.T. IS NOW HIRING!
UW Bothell IT is looking for students who can demonstrate various skills within the Information Technologies department. As a student employee, there will be consistent opportunities to learn and demonstrate your knowledge.
Working with us
You will love working with UW Bothell IT if you...
- Have a passion for high quality customer service
- Are a highly motivated and self-starting individual
- Have a desire to learn and grow as a young professional
- Possess the ability to adapt to a fast pace work environment
- Have outstanding communication skills
- Hold strong problem solving skills
Accepting applications until Friday, 11/29/19 (or until positions are filled)!
Please read the following descriptions to gain a better sense of the type of work you could be asked to perform.
Under the general direction of the IT Services Assistant Manager, this position is responsible for Tier 1 user computing support of UW Bothell software and hardware. Student Technicians will work directly with IT staff and the UW Bothell community on a variety of computer-related tasks and projects across campus.
Each Student Technician will be expected to become proficient in a number of areas within IT. Student Technician are the first point of contact for our patrons as they answer phones, greet walk-ups, and respond to emails at the UW Bothell IT Helpdesk. At the Helpdesk, Student Technicians are expected to be polite, patient, and friendly as we have a high standard of customer service we hold all of our employees accountable to.
UW Bothell IT is also responsible for keeping all on-campus events and classes running smoothly. Student Technicians are responsible for assisting IT staff with a daily schedule of various equipment setups and teardowns all over campus.
This position will be expected to work at least 9 hours a week and no more than 19.5 hours a week at $16/hour. We have three primary five hour shifts students are expected to work: 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. In addition, the UW Bothell IT Helpdesk remains open during each interim and will need to have Student Technicians staffed during this time. Student Technicians are not limited to 19.5 hours during the interim.
- Must be a current UW student enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A minimum of one year prior customer service experience (paid or volunteer)
- UW Bothell IT requires a minimum 6 quarter commitment from our student hires due to the amount of necessary training.
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to the below link:
Please include the following:
- A cover letter explaining your desire for the position*
- Hours of availability (please include any club activities, second job, etc.)
- Class Schedule for Summer Quarter 2018**
- Expected quarter and year of graduation***
* If you need help writing your cover letter and/or resume, the Career Center on campus is a great resource!
**According to University policy, only students currently enrolled in at least 6 credits can be hired for on-campus jobs.
***UW Bothell IT requires a 6 quarter commitment from our student technicians with no exceptions.