Your Next Steps Checklist...
Congratulations on your admission to UW Bothell! The following is a helpful guide as your prepare to begin your bachelors or graduate studies with us. Please review each item carefully, and contact the appropriate office for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions are Answered!
Our "How Do I...?" Guide provides contact information to help you get connected to the appropriate resources on campus that address incoming students' most commonly asked questions.
Before You Arrive to UW Bothell:
1. Confirm Your Admission & Pay the Admission Confirmation Deposit
Pay your Admission Confirmation Deposit using the online Enrollment Confirmation System Student Portal. You must create your UW NET ID before you are able to use the portal, as you will use your UW NET ID to log into the portal.
Questions or Troubles? Check out these step-by-step directions on how to use the Enrollment Confirmation System Student Portal. You can also contact the UW Bothell's Registrars Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. To Receive your UW Bothell I-20, Submit Your I-20 Request Form and Supporting Documents to CIE.
3. Sign-up for Advising & Orientation (Attendance is Required; Undergraduate Students Only)
You must sign-up online to attend a specific Advising & Orientation, as there are various dates available. Students will not be able to register for classes before their Advising & Orientation date. International students that are arriving into the U.S. on an initial I-20 can enter the U.S. up to 30 days before their program start date, so plan accordingly. Students are strongly advised to sign-up for an Orientation date before booking their travel. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Graduate Students: Please contact your department for information about your specific Orientation.
4. Sign-up to Attend Your Immigration Orientation (Attendance is Required)
5. Submit the Measles Immunity Vaccine Form
All new students must submit this information before they can register for classes. You must complete all of the requirements at least one week BEFORE your University & Advising Orientation, so that you can register for your classes at Orientation.
It is OK if your medical documents are not in English. You do not need to have the documents translated, but you must make a note on the document that indicates the Measles Vaccine and the two dates that you received this vaccine. The Vaccine Form and supporting documents must be submitted to the Registrars Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Confirm Your Housing Accommodations Click here for details.
7. Review our helpful Pre-Arrival Handbook for International Students
8. Plan Your Arrival to Bothell
When confirming your travel dates, you must arrive to UW Bothell so that you can attend your University Orientation, F1 Immigration Orientation and the On-Campus Housing Move-in Day (if you have been offered to live on-campus) Click here for details.
9. Sign-up to Attend Convocation (Undergraduate Students Only; Fall Quarter only)
All new undergraduate students (and their family members) are encouraged to attend the Fall Quarter Convocation. The Convocation is an event that welcomes new students to UW Bothell and celebrates your beginning at UW Bothell. Students must register online to attend.
10. If you are a Freshman (first year student), visit the Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about course registration and other helpful information.
11. Get Connected to your fellow international students at UW Bothell! Join our Center for International Educations' Facebook page. There are also various UW Bothell FB groups that you can consider joining - here are just a few to get you started:
Students of MSCSSE & MSCSE at UWB (UW Net ID required to join)
UW Bothell Campus Events Board
UW Bothell Club Council
UW Bothell School of Business
Textbooks Trading Center-UWB
UWB - Debate Society
UWB Interactive Media Design Peeps
13. Attend a Pre-Departure Orientation in Your Home Country (if available)
After You Arrive to UW Bothell:
1. Attend Your University Advising & Orientation (attendance is mandatory)
2. Attend the International Student Immigration Orientation (attendance is mandatory)
2. Purchase the UW International Student Health Insurance Plan (ISHIP)
Enrollment in UW's International Student Health Insurance Plan (ISHIP) is part of your course enrollment process in the MyUW system. The health insurance fee will be added to your tuition statement, which is due by the 3rd Friday of the quarter. Visit our helpful "Using Your Health Insurance" to learn more about the ISHIP plan.
3. Attend Welcome Week events (Fall Quarter only)