Center for International Education

I-20 Request Form



How to Receive Your UW Bothell I-20

To start processing your UW Bothell I-20, you need to submit the following 3 documents: 

1. Sufficient Financial Support Documents
2. Passport ID page
3. Completed I-20 Request Form (including the I-20 Transfer Out Eligability section, if applicable)

How to Submit Your Documents to CIE 

Undergraduate Students: Upload your documents onto your UW Bothell Application Status page at .

Graduate Students: Email your documents to

When will I receive my UW Bothell I-20?

After we receive all required documentation from you and receive your I20 record from your current school (if applicable), please allow 2 - 3 business days for us to review and issue the I-20 for you. We will email you after the I20 has been issued and has been mailed to you (or available for pick-up).

Official High School Transcript: For those students who are required to submit an original high school transcript, your I-20 will only be issued after UWB receives your official transcript. Do not open the transcript, as once it is opened from the envelope it will not be considered an official transcript.

UW Bothell SEVIS School Code is: SEA214F00005000

For students admitted to a program at UW Bothell's Eastside Leadership Center (i.e. M.S. Accounting, MBA Leadership and Bachelors in Business at ELC), please use UW Bothell's SEVIS School Code SEA214F00005001.

Financial Support Requirement

U.S. immigration laws require students on an F or J student visa to provide proof of adequate financial support. The financial ability requirement is met by showing proof of acceptable financial resources to cover tuition & fees, living expense, mandatory UW Health Insurance ($310/quarter), International Student Fee ($45/quarter), and other course and campus fees for one academic year.

Minimum Financial Support for 2017-2018 Academic Year

  • Undergraduate Student: $49,989 
  • Graduate Student:

    *Accounting: $45,786
    *Computer Science & Software Engineering: $43,854
    *Creative Writing & Poetics: $39,714
    *Cyber Security & Engineering: $43,854

    *Cultural Studies: $47,304
    *Education: $47,886
    *Electrical Engineering: $44,994
    *TMBA/LMBA: $48,378 
    *Nursing: $47,886
    *Policy Studies: $47,886
  • Spouse/Children: Students declaring dependents (spouse and/or children) must show additional proof of financial support to cover living expenses and health insurance costs. The financial documents must show an additional $11,573 USD per year for a spouse, and $8,053 USD per child/year.

Acceptable Forms of Financial Support

Examples of acceptable sources of funding: Checking/savings account, scholarship award letter, certificates of deposits, fixed deposits, fixed term certificate of deposits, educational loans (pre-approved and includes student's name), bonds (maturity date listed and is before the start of the student's first quarter at UWB).

Examples of account types that are NOT accepted: Salary statements, stock market funds, business accounts, insurance policies, home/land value documents, and retirement funds.

Tuition Rates & How to Pay Tuition 

For specific information about the current tuition & fee rates and payment due dates, please refer to .

Traveling Internationally?

Please note that U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers can ask for your social media account information when you to apply for F1 visa and/or travel through U.S. ports of entry. We advise all students to be smart about your online presence and always be compliant with federal laws and regulations.