The School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences invites alumni, faculty, staff, and community members to nominate exemplary alumni for our 2019 Hall of Alumni Excellence.
Hall of Alumni Excellence candidates have demonstrated consistent and significant community involvement; measurable impact on a process, system, profession, or industry; public recognition by peers and organizations; and enactment of the IAS Mission, Values, and Goals.
- An alum is defined as a former student who earned a BA, BS, MA, or MFA from the UW Bothell School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences or any former programs, departments, and schools now part of the School.
- Excludes alumni who are deceased or current IAS professors. (Current IAS professors become eligible upon retirement/separation from the School of IAS.)
- Nominations come from alumni, faculty, staff, and community members.
- The selection committee consists of the IAS Dean (or designees), UW Bothell Advancement personnel, and one or more past Hall of Alumni Excellence recipients.
- The selection committee reviews a list of nominees and choses a cohort based on established criteria.
- Cohort selection happens by the end of February, and recipients are recognized in the spring.
Please email the following information by December 31, 2018 to Lisa Olason, Alumni and Community Relations Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name of alum
- Alum's contact information (if known)
- Graduation year and major/program (if known)
- Reason for nomination, which may include background information, current employment/work accomplishments, community and civic engagement, relevant links, etc.