For common student staff application and position questions, please review our Student Staff Frequently Asked Questions.
Did not see it in our FAQ? Please direct your questions to Karan Sandhu, Resident Director at email@example.com
Dates of Employment
- April 1 – June 1, 2021 (Spring Training)
- August 31, 2021 - June 18, 2022 (Community Assistant)
April 1, 2021 - June 1, 2021
- Paid hourly at a rate of $16.69 for up to 8 hours of training
August 31, 2021 - June 18, 2022
- Paid hourly at a rate of $16.69 for up to 19.5 hours each week
The Community Assistant (CA) position is a student employment position within the University of Washington Bothell. Our three-story apartments are connected with central stairwells and are programmed as a traditional residence hall. Under the direct supervision of the Resident Director, the CA provides first line response and desk reception services for the residence hall community. A successful CA demonstrates sound judgment, participates in and facilitates a team approach with coworkers. A CA provides appropriate customer service to students and visitors in order to maintain a welcoming and inclusive community center.
- Display positive attitude which assisting residents, staff, and visitors with their concerns, while ensuring privacy, referring students to appropriate resources, and recognizing and reporting concerns and issues to their supervisor
- Provide excellent customer service to all entering the Community Center
- Receive and sort mail and packages in a timely manner as they get delivered to the Community Center, this includes lifting and organizing packages
- Maintain and upkeep the Community Center to allow for a welcoming, inclusive and academically supportive environment.
- Work assigned hours each week and all required weekends (up to 19 hours each week) and assist with opening and closing of residence halls
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned, including Department-wide activities and initiatives
- Assist in check-in and checkout procedures for residents
- Provide equipment check out services for residents
- Provide keys to residents who are locked out of their unit
- Attend one-on-one meetings, staff meetings, in-service training sessions, other meetings and workshops as designated by their supervisor
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently responding to urgent issues and concerns
- Must be enrolled at UW during employment dates (minimum credits = 6)
- Must have and maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 prior to and throughout their employment
- Contribute professionally and respectfully to our diverse and inclusive work environment
- Must attend all trainings and workshops:
- Student Staff Spring Retreat: Saturday, April 24, 2021 (Virtual)
- Intensive CA Training which will occur from August 30, 2021 until September 3, 2021.
- The Community Assistant Position is a necessary function that must operate in-person
- While trainings and meetings will most likely be virtual, Community Assistant desk work will happen on-site in Husky Village
- Residential Life will be aligning with WA State guidance and we will be slowly opening up per the WA State guidelines during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- If you have any concerns about this, please speak with a Resident Director immediately or you can also contact Karan Sandhu at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multi-story apartment style residence hall
- Will be lifting and moving delivered packages throughout the shift
Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.