CORONAVIRUS RESPOSE UPDATES FOR RESIDENTS
Updated May 20, 2020
Spring Quarter Housing
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has issued a stay at home order. The order allows for the continuation of our current express check out process, so if you plan to move out, you may continue to do so. If you need to adjust your check out or need to make arrangements for someone else to pick up your items, please email email@example.com.
If you’ve already left and can’t return to campus right away to get your personal belongings, you will need to reach out to the housing office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine next steps and an appropriate timeline.
If you decided to continue living with us, you will pay full housing charges, as normal and those charges have been placed in your Student Accouts.
Express Check-Out Process:
On the date you determined on the form for your move-out you will:
- Go to the HVCC Front Desk or your RA and get an "Express Check Out Envelope"
- When you are ready to completely vacate your unit:
- Packed up and remove all belongings from your unit including your room, bathroom, and any/all shared spaces
- Clean all spaces in your unit that were assigned to you and any/all shared spaces
- Fill out the form on the front of the express check out envelope
- Lock your unit and come to HVCC
- Check your mailbox for any last items of mail
- Also remember to fill out a change of address form
IF THE HVCC FRONT DESK IS OPEN...
- Tell the Community Assistant at the desk that you are doing an express check out
- Place all of your keys (unit, mail box, and exterior campus view key if applicable) into the envelope and give it to the CA
- The CA will have you finish the check out process
- You are good to go! Have a great rest of your school year
IF THE HVCC FRONT DESK IS CLOSED...
- Place all of your keys (unit, mail box, and exterior campus view key if applicable) into the envelope
- Seal the large envelope
- Slide the entire packet underneath the HVCC 101 office door
- Be sure to push the packet all the way under the door so it is secure in the office
- Expect a confirmation of your check-out to your UW email within 3 business days
If you have any questions about this process, please visit the HVCC Front Desk or call the RA on Duty at (206) 245-5536
Residential Life & Husky Village Limited Servies/Operation Hours
- Husky Village Community Center Front Desk hours will be 11:30-2:00 pm Monday through Saturday. Additionally, we ask that you help us maintain 6 feet of physical distance between you and our staff.
- Residential Life will continue to be on site and provide on call services via the RA on Duty phone 24/7.
- If you are not able to reach your RA, please email Resident Director Karan Sandhu at email@example.com.
- Campus Safety will continue to provide service on campus.
- Work orders will still be received, but only critical issues will be addressed during the Stay Home Order. If you have a critical need in your apartment, please call the RA on Duty (206) 245-5536.
Grocery & Food Delivery
A number of deliveries have come directly to HVCC due to missing unit information and the residents not answering their phone. For grocery and food delivery, we recommend you have deliveries come directly to your unit. Perishables will not be accepted in the front desk.
In order to ensure that you get your food and groceries, you MUST:
- Have them delivered DIRECTLY to your unit.
- Including your building and unit number on the order.
- Include a contact phone number that you will answer.
In order to protect your privacy, Residential Life cannot provide resident information at any time. If you do not provide the unit information and do not answer your phone, they will have to cancel your delivery.
- 18612 Beardslee Blvd [Building][Unit Number], Bothell, WA 98011
- 10735 Ross Rd. Bothell, WA 98011
- Note: Let the delivery person know that you will meet them in the parking lot or the external door of the floor, as they will not have access to your unit door
We know you may have other questions about your housing agreement and what Housing and Residential Life is doing for students who are concerned about their on-campus housing. As we move forward, please direct questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team is working hard to track questions and will respond to emails in a timely fashion.
Please take care and stay well.
UW Bothell Housing & Residential Life