Our Bachelor of Arts in Health Studies program provides students with the knowledge and skills to improve the health of individuals and communities.
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to:
1. Identify bio-social-ecological factors that influence health, health equity, and social justice, at the individual and population levels;
2. Analyze the impacts of population level healthcare policies and systems from a local to global perspective;
3. Evaluate health research and health information for the application of ethical and evidence based-practice;
4. Develop as public health leaders and health practitioners prepared to collaborate with communities and institutions to improve individual and population health.
Apply Now Meet with an Advisor
Our Health Studies graduates are ready to enter a wide variety of occupations or get prepared for graduate school or other advanced training. Students are encouraged to strengthen their skills while taking our Health Studies classes through internships and study abroad experiences.Career possibilities include:
- Public and global health services
- Health education and communication
- Health management and administration
- Non-profit services
- Community organizing
- Mental health/substance use services
- Environmental and Occupational Health Services
- Health care outreach and community care
- Advanced study in Public Health, Nursing, Medicine, Social Work, or other health professions
Explore Pre-Allied Health at UWB
Watch the videos below to learn more about how the Health Studies program has helped advance our students' careers and contributed to the health of the community.
Health Studies News
Health Studies student Akinrinade Ayomikun discovered a love for science during their coursework at UW Bothell.
HS student recognized in the Husky 100. Congratulations to Aaron Davis!
Aaron Davis, HS '21, took time out of their busy schedule to share their story with us. Read more about this remarkable student!
Read more Health Studies News