IAS Undergraduate Advising
The Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences (IAS) Advisors can provide academic advising and educational assistance to undergraduate students admitted to the School of IAS. We help students in a variety of areas, including guidance on institutional policy, course planning, and preparation for graduation and beyond.
Meet the IAS Advisors!
Lead Undergraduate Advisor
Make an Appointment
The IAS Undergraduate and Graduate advising teams will meet students in UW1-360 beginning September 17th. Our current location in UW1-390 will become the IAS Dean’s Office where faculty business and IAS administrative functions will continue to occur.
Students should enter their UW network ID and password to access the online scheduling tool.
The advisors make every effort to meet with as many students as possible. Currently their calendars are booking out 3 weeks at a time. If you do not see any available appointments on the scheduling calendar this means that your advisor has no available appointments for the next 3 weeks. The calendar refreshes every night, so feel free to check back for potential cancelations and new openings.
If you are a prospective undergraduate student please contact the UW Bothell Admissions Office for more information.
- Advising appointments are generally available Mondays through Thursdays between 9 AM and 4:30 PM, and before noon on Fridays. The IAS office is closed each day from 12 PM to 1 PM.
- During peak registration times the office becomes very busy and sometimes students have to wait two weeks to get an appointment. If you need to meet with an advisor in an appointment, don't wait until the last minute. Schedule your meeting in advance!
- Students should not make appointments during class time. Please consider your current schedule before making an advising appointment.
- Students that arrive 15 minutes late for their appointment will be required to reschedule.
- Please review Responsibilities Before Your Appointment.
Drop-in advising is on a first come, first-served basis and is designed for sessions that are 10 minutes or less. Students may not use drop-in advising sessions to apply for graduation or add or drop majors/minor.
Drop-in advising is not available in the summer quarter.
Drop-in hours are subject to change on a quarterly basis. Outside of these drop-in advising periods, students can still book one-on-one appointments with IAS advisors. Click here to book an appointment now.
Additional Types of Advising
IAS Graduate Advising
For IAS Graduate Program information on Policy Studies, Cultural Studies or Creative Writing & Poetics, contact the Graduate Program Manager by phone at 425-352-5427 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the Frequently Asked Questions!
Email the IAS Advisors at email@example.com
School of IAS Advisors pledge to respect individual differences which may include, but are not limited to: age, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender presentation, immigration status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and veteran status.