Fiscal and Audit Services




The Fiscal and Audit Services (FAS) staff are here to help guide and facilitate the process of travel purchases and reimbursements for faculty, staff, students and visitors.  FAS applies UW travel policies with the UW Travel Office.

Pre-approval Travel Form

All out-of-state travel, including registration, MUST be pre-approved by the appropriate parties.

The travel form must be completed prior to making any travel arrangements. The form is completed by the traveler or administrative support person in the department, and forwarded to the appropriate supervisor and budget authority for approval. However, grant funded travel does not need advance written approval if the travel was specifically budgeted for in the grant proposal, and the travel was approved by the sponsor.


UW Bothell has a Central Travel Account (CTA) Procard which is managed by Fiscal and Audit Services and is used to make airfare purchases for all UW Bothell travelers who travel on UW Business.

If personal travel is added to the business trip, this cannot be paid by the CTA account. Review guidelines when combining personal time/travel with UW business trip.

Please see this link for more information on CTA Account.

For CTA Inquires Contact:

Sharyn Singh - Phone: 425-352-3640               Matt Guenther - Phone: 425-352-3821


Please see University of Washington, Lodging for information and requirements on lodging reimbursements.

Lodging can be charged to the CTA and is limited for the following situations:

  • UW Students.
  • Non-UW travelers
  • Five or more UW travelers attending a conference/group event in the U.S. or British Columbia, Canada where the UW is reserving and paying for the block of rooms and prior written approval has been obtained.

CTA limitations:

  • Restricted to daily per diem
  • Only room and tax should be charged (no room service, accessory charges, etc).

Please see link for more information on CTA lodging.

Registration Fees

Your department administrative support person can pay the registration fee on the departmental Procurement VISA card (ProCard) or you may pay yourself and claim reimbursement.

Claiming Reimbursement

Check with your department or school for reimbursement procedures.  All travel related expenses are reimbursed in Ariba under Travel (ER).

Please see link for more information


Reimbursement Guide

Transaction Type eTravel (ER) eReimbursement (XR)
Airfare x  
Baggage Fees x  
Banquet Meals x  
Bus x  
Bus/Airline Charter x  
Ferry x  
Shuttle x  
Immunizations x  
Internet/Phone Fees x  
Laundry x  
Living Allowance x  
Parking(including local) x  
Lodging x  
Meals Paid for Others x  
Membership   x
Membership related to attending a conference x  
Mileage x  
Per Diem Advance x  
Registration x  
Tolls x  
Visa/Passport Fees x  

Local mileage and parking

Mileage and miscellaneous fees such as parking and ferry tolls are no longer reimbursed through UW Bothell Petty Cash. Check with your department or school for reimbursement procedures.

Please go to University of Washington- Travel for instructions on reimbursements.


Travel News

Provost Announcement:

2015-16 Approval for Travel and Exception to Lodging Allowance

Travel requests

For all Travel requests please use this email