Food Approval Process
Complete the Food Approval Form at least two weeks prior to providing meals or light refreshments at a University meeting, training or recognition event. All information is required. On page 1, a signature is required from the Department Director/Head or the Grant Budget Approver. On page 2, a signature is required for the Meeting/Training Coordinator. The Director of Fiscal and Audit Services signs as Approving Official on the bottom of page 2 on behalf of the University of Washington Bothell campus.
Please send the completed form to Fiscal and Audit Services (FAS) at Box 358525 at least seven days prior to the event. Forms submitted after the event may be the financial responsibility of the purchaser. The department will review and approve the form. Once approved, the original copy will be returned to the respective department. The department is required to maintain the approved Food Approval Form for the records retention period.
- Departments should be familiar with the University's Food Policy and UW Bothell's Food Purchase Policy.
- The approved Food Approval Form and a list of attendees or invitees is required to be maintained for the records retention period.
- If food is purchased with a ProCard, attach a copy of the Food Approval Form and receipts with your monthly ProCard packet.
- Per diem is used when calculating the allowable amount for meals. Charges in excess of per diem may be charged to a discretionary fund only when approved by a Dean or Vice Chancellor.
- Catering exceeding $10,000 per vendor must be pre-approved by UW Procurement.
- Alcohol Purchases: Complete the Alcohol Permit Approval form
Purchases for employee recognition will need to have an approved recognition policy on file in their unit, beginning with events from March 1, 2018 onward.
Recognition Program Requirements
- Documented and approved recognition policy
- Approval at the Dean/Vice Chancellor level
Employee Recognition Policy Elements
- Definition of purpose, criteria, and budget
- Selection often executed by a committee
- Definition of award eligibility, frequency and process
- Total amount expended per recognition award, including light refreshments, is limited to $200 per individual or group receiving recognition
- If a meal is a recognition award, only meal expense for individual(s) being recognized may be paid using University funds
If you need assistance or have questions relating to the Food Approval Form or policy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.