Fiscal and Audit Services (FAS) Role in Audits
We are the campus liaison and point of contact for all campus audits (e.g. UW Internal Audit, State, Federal, foundation, etc.).
At the Beginning of the Audit
- Primary contact with the auditor to determine audit scope, unit contacts and timing.
- Help unit understand how to best work with auditors.
- Accompany unit to the entrance conference, ensuring the audit scope is clearly defined and clarifying roles, contacts and timing.
During the Audit
- Support the unit during fieldwork, such as reviewing documents prepared for the auditor, and helping the unit understand auditor requests.
- Evaluate any auditor requests to expand the scope of the audit.
At Audit Conclusion
- Receive draft audit report from the auditor and distribute to appropriate people.
- Review draft report with the unit to determine whether the unit agrees or where there may be disagreements; work with auditor on areas of disagreement.
- Schedule exit conference with auditor and accompany unit to exit conference.
- Assist unit with drafting the “management response” to the audit report.
- Auditors usually follow-up on their recommendations to ensure implementation.
- UW Internal Audit will generally return six months after the audit report is issued for a follow-up audit.
- FAS is the liaison with the auditors and supports the unit through the follow-up audit process.
If you have questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com.