This is a new rideshare pilot program brought to you by King County and participating cities to provide community members with a new way to share the ride. UW Bothell is partnering with the Cities of Bothell and Woodinville to bring the Community Van Program to the Bothell Woodinville area! This is the latest in a series of unique Community Connections Metro is piloting in communities throughout King County. These services are designated to provide residents with customized options for getting around when bus service can't meet their needs.
- 6 and 12 passenger vans
- Consists of 1 volunteer driver and up to 5 or 7 passengers
- One seat is available for a wheelchair passenger
- 4 vans total to be used in program (2 at UWB; 1 at City Hall in Bothell; 1 at City Hall in Woodinville)
How it Works
- Community members travel together to local destinations throughout the day, evening and weekends.
- Group trips and stops are preplanned ahead of time by a Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders contact their Community Transportation Coordinator to find pre-scheduled Community Van trips or see trips on this page posted by others.
- Trips must have at least two passengers in addition to the volunteer driver. Each rider will pay a one-zone Metro fare while the driver travels for free.
- Riders request a trip through the listed trip contact or Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders can suggest a trip they know is popular with their friends and neighbors.
Bothell-Woodinville Community Trips
Click the Trip Schedule button below to see a list of trips that are scheduled with the Bothell-Woodinville Community Van. If you'd ike to share a ride for any of these trips contact the Bothell-Woodinville Community Transportation Coordinator via email at: email@example.com or call 425-420-6514.
We are recruiting volunteer drivers
Support your neighbors, your community and help the environment by becoming a Community Van volunteer driver. You can choose which trips you drive and how many times you drive a week.
How to become an approved volunteer driver
Download, complete, sign and email your Community Van Driver Application to King County Metro. Have questions? Please feel free to email or call King County Metro at 206-625-4500. You can also call the Bothell-Woodinville Community Transportation Coordinator at 425-420-6514
Start driving for your community:
After receiving and reviewing your application, Metro and your Community Transportation Coordinator will contact you to help you get started and on the road sharing community trips.
Got a great idea for a shared trip in your community? Tell us about it!