Requirements to complete the BA Educational Studies with the Elementary Education option
Students must complete a total of 180 credits to receive a Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies. Below are the requirements for students in the Elementary Education option.
- English composition (5 credits prior to declaring the major)
- Elementary Education Core courses (20 credits)
- Learning, Equity & Instruction courses (35 credits)
- Advanced Pedagogy & Internship courses (30 credits)
- Educational Studies electives focused on your endorsement area:
- Special Education (SPED) (20 credits)
- English Second Language Learners (ESOL) (18 credits)
In addition, students will need to complete the UW Bothell baccalaureate level graduation requirements, and two quarters of school placement.
Additional Certification Requirements
To be recommended for teacher certification in Washington state, students must also complete these non-curricular requirements:
- Pass the West-B exam (completed prior to being accepted in to this option)
- Pass the NES exam (completed prior to being accepted in to this option)
- Complete a background check
For questions regarding certification requirements please contact an educational studies advisor.