Educational Studies Major Requirements
To earn the B.A. in Educational Studies, students must complete all university and major requirements listed below.
UW Bothell Requirements
- Earn 180 university credits
- 5 credits - Composition (C)
- 10 credits - Writing Across the Curriculum (W)
- 5 credits - Quantitative & Symbolic Reasoning (QSR)
- 3 credits - Diversity (D)
- 15 credits - Visual, Literary & Performing Arts (VLPA)
- 15 credits - Individuals & Societies (I&S)
- 15 credits - Natural World (NW)
20 credits - Educational Studies Core Courses
Concentration Area Electives
Students must select a concentration area, but can enroll in up to 10 credits of Educational Studies and/or Other Department electives from the other concentration.
- SES Course Petition Form (must be logged in to UW G Suite account)
- Course Petitions are sent to Educational Studies faculty for consideration on the 15th of each month. Decisions will be sent to students by the 1st of the following month.
- Students can petition up to 10 credits of Educational Studies major coursework.
- Petitions can include:
- Enroll in course not listed on the Educational Studies or Other Department Electives lists
- Enroll in course over 10-credit maximum from other concentration