Become an Educational Studies Major

The School of Educational Studies accepts new Educational Studies majors on a rolling basis.

Requirements to Declare Major

  • 45 quarter credits completed at UW Bothell or transferred from other accredited Institutions
  • B WRIT 134 Composition or other English Composition course with grade of 2.0 (C letter grade) or higher

Declaration Process

Current Pre-Major Students

  1. Schedule an appointment with an Educational Studies Academic Advisor to submit the Change of Major Form and be welcomed to the program

Transfer Students

  1. Work with a Transfer Advisor to prepare your application to UW Bothell
  2. Apply to UW Bothell as a prospective Educational Studies major
  3. After acceptance, register for and attend Transfer Advising and Orientation