Become an Educational Studies Major
If you are a current UW Bothell student and have questions about becoming an Educational Studies major or applying to the Elementary Education Option (which requires an additional, internal application), you should meet with an SES advisor to review admissions and degree requirements. To add the Educational Studies major, students must submit an online application. SES accepts students each quarter.
||October 1 - extended to November 1
- 45 quarter credits completed (or in-progress) at UW Bothell or transferred from other accredited Institutions
- B WRIT 134 Composition or other English Composition course with grade of 2.0 (C letter grade) or higher (or in-progress)
Note: S/NS Grades during COVID-19 - For quarters designated as having extenuating circumstances, SES will consider a S (satisfactory) grade as fulfilling admission requirements.
Current Pre-Major Students & Students Seeking Double Major or Change Major
- If interested in Elementary Education Option: meet with an SES advisor to review teacher certification requirements
- Submit online application - decisions will be sent in time for course registration
- Meet with assigned SES advisor to review degree requirements
First Year & Transfer Students
- Work with an Admissions advisor to prepare your application to UW Bothell
- Apply to UW Bothell
- After acceptance, register for and attend an Advising and Orientation session