Student Office Assistant
Are you looking for an on-campus job while you attend school? The School of Educational Studies is now hiring a student office assistant to assist with a variety of tasks in the Education office suite in UW1-311. Students with a background or interest in social media and marketing strongly encouraged to apply. Because of the responsibilities of this position, the student cannot be an Educational Studies student. Students who apply by December 12, 2018 will receive priority consideration. Hourly rate is $16.00.
This position is 10 - 19 hours per week. Work hours are flexible, but dependability is essential. Work Study is required. Supervisor is Ann Busche, Program Coordinator. Position is from Winter - Spring quarter, with option for extending through Summer and AY 2019-2020.
About the School of Educational Studies
As a collaborative, scholarly and professional community, the University of Washington Bothell School of Educational Studies exists to develop and support educators who have the commitments and capabilities to promote the learning of all students in diverse contexts. We support interdisciplinary scholarship that explores the multifaceted dimensions of learning and schooling. We give particular focus to (a) the purposes of education in a social and political democracy, (b) the responsibility of universities to collaborate with community partners, and (c) the critical role of professional educators in supporting equity in learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist front desk staff by addressing general inquiries from walk-in visitors.
- Assist the program coordinator in planning, marketing and implementing educational events throughout the year, including orientations, trainings, student meetings, faculty meetings, etc.
- Work closely with faculty and academic advisors to create course fliers with multimedia applications (PowerPoint, Publisher, InDesign).
- Participate in the social media working group in the creation of Facebook and other social media communications.
- Update educational studies webpages using Kentico 10.
- Assist with records management – per the University records policy and timeline.
- Assemble and monitor the completion files of recently graduated and completed students for each program within the School of Educational Studies (SES).
- Photocopy, organize files (paper and electronic) and upload documents to Google Sites, Google Drive, and/or Canvas.
- Collect, scan and track forms and evaluations from students, cooperating teachers and field instructors in certification programs.
- Collect electronic copies of quarterly course syllabi from Education Faculty for our department’s computer archive.
- Enter and process data for each program within SES as needed.
- Assist with scanning and copying projects for faculty and staff as needed.
- Assist with office administration projects as needed.
- Other office duties as assigned.
- Must be a currently enrolled UWB student eligible for Work Study.
- Because of the responsibilities of this position, the student cannot be an Educational Studies student.
- Contribute professionally and respectfully to our diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions with close attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize work, handle multiple details, meet project deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Additional Qualifications (a plus, but not required)
- Familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign software, and an eye for design
- Experience updating websites with Kentico, Dreamweaver or similar software.
- Experience using Google Sites, Docs and Drive.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter through this Interfolio site (http://apply.interfolio.com/58274 .) In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to work for us, and what experiences and skills you believe will enable you to succeed in this position.
Priority deadline is December 12, 2018. Interviews will be held Dec 13 and 14. Start date for position will be the first week of Winter quarter 2019.
Want to learn more about the job?
Stop by our office. We are located in UW1- 311,
or call us at 425-352-3577.