Academic Advising & Student Services
Advisors in the School of Educational Studies (SES) are eager to support you. We provide undergraduate, and graduate students with guidance on academic planning, SES and UW policies, student support resources, extracurricular opportunities, preparation for graduation, and more.
Autumn 2021 Advising
Current SES Students
SES advisors will be offering in-person and virtual advising appointments through Autumn Quarter. Students can filter for in-person, video chat, or phone appointments when scheduling in Navigate.
Founders Hall, UW1-311
Monday-Thursday: 9am-12 pm, 1pm-4pm
Friday: 9am-12 pm, 1pm-2pm
Check-In Process for In-Person Appointments
For complete process, including an image tutorial, click here.
- Check in virtually using Navigate.
- Wait in UW1 third floor vista or hallway.
- When your advisor is ready to begin the appointment, they will message you using Navigate. Depending on your settings, you will receive a text message, an email, or a Navigate message.
- Come to SES office in UW1-311.
Elementary Education Certification Program Application & Advising
Please Note: these workshops are for current SES students only
Each year, the School of Educational Studies hosts application and advising workshops to help students prepare their applications to the Elementary Education Option or Elementary Education Post-Baccalaureate. These workshops also include Winter Quarter academic advising. Applicant’s to the Spring 2022 cohort, are required to attend a workshop and should follow the following advising process:
- Register for a required Elementary Education Certification application workshop.
- Attend workshop to learn more about SES's Elementary Education programs; application requirements for the Elementary Education Option and Elementary Education Post-Baccalaureate; and receive Winter Quarter academic advising.
- If needed, attend virtual drop-in advising sessions held in November.
Students in Other Majors
SES advisors are happy to meet with students interested in out teacher certification programs or our M.Ed. Pre-major students should meet with their pre-major advisor.
Prospective SES Students
Prospective undergraduate or teacher certification students not yet attending UW Bothell should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request support from a UWB Admissions Advisor.
Advising & COVID-19
SES requests that students follow all University guidelines and requirements prior to attending in-person appointments. UW guidelines include:
- Wearing a mask indoors regardless of vaccination status
- Practicing physical distancing if unvaccinated
- Staying home if you feel sick - contact your advisor to reschedule your appointment or meet virtually
Appointment availability may be impacted by COVID-19 health and safety concerns. SES will make every possible effort to notify students in the event an advising appointment must be canceled.
No in-person academic advising services will occur if UW Bothell enacts emergency procedures to ensure the health and safety of our community. Students are encouraged to monitor class cancellations and campus closure alerts using the UW Alert system.
Unsure of who to contact? You can contact the School of Educational Studies directly.