Dr. Eisele's work at UW Bothell includes teaching curriculum design, child development, contexts of schooling, culminating portfolios, and reflective seminar courses in the Teacher Certification and Master of Education programs. She also supervises student teachers in the field. As consultant to schools and preschools she has provided numerous workshops in Washington and Vermont. Following an interest in schooling in South India, she has worked with teachers and students there on four occasions.
Courses Taught at UW Bothell:
CHID 298 - Orientation for Study Abroad in India
GEN ST 350 - Independent Fieldwork (in India)
CHID 474 - Asia Study Abroad (Auroville, India)
B EDUC 402 - Human Growth and Learning
B EDUC 406 - Introduction to Field Experiences
B EDUC 416 - Instructional Design and Assessment
B EDUC 425: Professional Practice Seminar
B EDUC 435: Supervision of Student Teachers
B EDUC 491: Global Perspectives on Schooling
B EDUC 515: Perspectives on Curriculum Integration
- UWB Honors and Ceremonies Committee
- North Dakota Study Group
- Washington Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- Led Supervisory Group on Mentoring for Field Instructors
- Consultant to teachers in Auroville, India
- Auroville International Advisory Board
- OSPI Visiting Team for Site Evaluation, UW Tacoma
- American Curriculum Expert: First Fish Confluence, Leavenworth, WA
Honors and Awards:
- Vermont Teacher of the Year, 1969
- Selected to lead Auroville Study Abroad Program, University of Washington, Seattle, 2007-8
- Selected by Jane Goodall to produce "The Year of the Sparrow," an international project, 2001
- Awarded two grants from The Purple Crayon Foundation for a non-profit organization, the International Partner Story Project, 2005
- Ed.D., specializing in Curriculum and Instruction, from Seattle Pacific University, Seattle, WA, 1998
- M.Ed., with a focus on Teacher Education, from the University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, 1985
- B.A. in Elementary Education from DePauw University, Greencastle, IN, 1965
- Public School Teacher, grades K-3, including multi-age classrooms, Vermont
- School Principal, Moretown, VT
- Advisor to teachers, Title II Action Center and Washington West Teachers' Center
- School Board Member and also Chair, Middlesex, Vermont
- Professor: Middlebury College, University of Vermont, Goddard College, Vermont College, Antioch University, Western Washington University, University of Washington
- Director, International Partner Stories Project
Teachers' centers' influence on classroom practice. Written as chapter for book on Teachers' Centers by Watts, H. & Keeney, L.
The year of the sparrow: An anthology.
Leader's curriculum guide for the year of the sparrow. This was a project for Roots & Shoots, the young people's branch of the Jane Goodall Institute.
A program evaluation of two elementary schools in Edmonds, Washington on the year-round calendar.
Program evaluation for the graduate secondary teacher education program (GSTEP) of Seattle Pacific University. Seattle: Seattle Pacific University.
International partnership story project: A brief overview & history. Winter 1994 Newsletter. Moretown, VT: Parents & Teachers for Social Responsibility.
The challenges and joys of multi-age classrooms. Written for distribution by Seaview Heights Elementary School, Edmonds, WA.
The monkey's dilemma: A Soviet-American children's fairy tale. Moretown, VT: Parents and Teachers for Social Responsibility.
Journaling for the non-journaler. Cornish, NH: Mill Brook Associates in Education.
Good-er minds: A study of the development of cognition of preschool children. Unpublished master's thesis, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT.
Some good rejoicements: A study of early language. Unpublished master's thesis, University of Vermont,
Burlington, VT. (Used as a text by Dr. Heidi Watts, Antioch University, New England, Keene, NH.)
Conference and School Board Presentations:
- Experience working in teachers' centers. Teachers' Centers Conference, Chicago, June, 2004.
- Descriptive review of work in progress. North Dakota Study Group on Evaluation, February, 2004.
- Findings from the partnership story project over ten years. Annual Conference of Accent on Understanding, Evergreen College, April, 1999.
- Findings from a program evaluation of two elementary schools in Edmonds, WA on the year-round calendar. National Association for Year-Round Education, Seattle, May, 1997.
- Findings from a program evaluation of two elementary schools in Edmonds, WA on the year-round calendar. Edmonds School Board, Edmonds, WA, 1997.
- International Partnership Story Project. International Teachers for Peace Congress, Northfield, VT, August, 1995.