About the Diversity Council
The Diversity Council was born out of the conversation about the 21st Century Campus Initiative, which defines strategic imperatives for the University of Washington Bothell.
The Diversity Council is an advisory body established to coordinate and guide ongoing progress in fulfilling the commitment to diversity outlined in the mission statement and identified as a priority through UW Bothell's strategic planning processes. The Diversity Council will advise the Chancellor and Vice Chancellors and make recommendations to inform the work of appropriate decision-making bodies. The Diversity Council will collaborate with the Cabinet, Academic Council, and GFO Executive Council on a regular basis and meet with the Chancellor annually.
- Chair: Wayne Au, Interim Dean, Diversity & Equity and Chief Diversity Officer; Professor, School of Educational Studies
- Erick Yanzon, Program Coordinator, Office of Diversity & Equity
- Miguel Macias, Director, Diversity Center; Student Affairs representative
- Sam Al-Khoury, Director, Student Engagement & Activities; student engagement representative
- Shugla Kakar, Vice President, Associated Students of University of Washington Bothell; student representative
- Ed Buendia, Dean and Professor, School of Educational Studies; Council of Academic Deans representative
- Scott Kurashige, Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences; Academic Affairs representative
- Mira Shimabukuro, Professor, Associate Dean for Diversity & Equity; School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
- Alejandro Francetich, Assistant Proessor, School of Business
- Milagros Loreto, Assistant Professor, School of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Lauren Lichty, Assistant Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences; Committee Against Sexual and Relationship Violence (CASARV) representative
- Tami Garrard, Access Services Manager, UW Bothell/Cascadia Library, academic services representative