Poll Everywhere (PE) is a new system for conducting in class surveys and polls, offering a more convenient and user-friendly interface and design for faculty and students to take advantage of. Students can answer surveys from not only their own computers, but also by texting in their responses on their phones. Faculty have a wide array of options for their surveys at their disposal, from creating a classic poll system to allowing their students to write comments in a more quiz-like format. Poll Everywhere should bring faculty closer to their students and offer more enriching learning opportunities.
For more on PE, go to the UW-IT Seattle informational page.
Assigning Teams in Poll Everywhere
The segmentation feature allows you to separate your participants into distinct groups and compare their responses to given questions. Segmentations is available for multiple choice or true/false type questions.
Set Up Segmentation Instructions
Competitions, the newest feature in Poll Everywhere, allows you to create a fun activity to use as an icebreaker or as knowledge competition.
Set up a Competition Instructions
Essentials for Faculty
Tutorials for Faculty
What does Poll Everywhere have to offer?
- Students can use their own personal devices; including Wi-Fi/Cell service connected cellphones, laptops, or tablets! If students do not have access to one of the devices listed above: DLI will have a list of alternatives in the Poll Everywhere for Students page.
- Students can submit answers via text messaging, Android or iPhone application, or online via web browser.
- Poll Everywhere offers different polling options: multiple-choice polls, open-ended, Q&A, answer ranking, and clickable image polls.
- PowerPoint, Google Slides and Keynote integration.
How do I get started with Poll Everywhere?
- Poll Everywhere access is available for all UW faculty and staff. To get a Poll Everywhere teaching account, please contact DLI at email@example.com, access usually takes 24 hours.
- Please fill out a software request form to have Poll Everywhere installed on your UWB computer.
- Students do not need to register a Poll Everywhere account. They can access Poll Everywhere by navigating in a web browser to the participants site PollEv.com and logging in with their UW email. Another option available to mobile devices (smart cell phones and tablets) is to install the free app available for Android and iOS.
Have questions? Need assistance?
We offer one-on-one training for faculty via our Book Us Page, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 425.352.3906