Video Trimming for EdTPA
Warning: Remember to record the time stamps of the video. Time stamps help know how long the video is. When editing the video the time stamp is important because it helps locate the start and stop positions of the video.
- Click the magnifying glass at the top right of your screen. Type in ‘QuickTime Player’ in the Spotlight Search and press the return key.
- Make a duplicate file when trimming videos in QuickTime. Go to the file you wish to trim press the control key and click the file. Go down to duplicate and click it.
- With QuickTime now running, open the file you wish to edit by clicking on “File”, then “Open File”. Find the video that you wish to edit, click on the video you wish to edit and press “Open”.
- With the video now open in QuickTime, go to “Edit” then “Trim”.
- The video player will change from a play format to a video editing screen. The yellow bar at the bottom of the video is where you can trim your video. Click and hold on the left of right sides then move left or right of the yellow bar to meet your time stamps. Once you have the area of the video you want click “Trim”. Note anything on the outside of the selected yellow bar region will be deleted.
- Your video has now been trimmed. To save, go to “File” then “Export As” and choose 720p. Pearson has a "File Size: The target file size is 200–300 MB or less". If your video export is over 300mb please re-export the video as 480p.
Once you export is finished you can close Quicktime
Back to top of page