As a student, you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Read the Cultural Studies website. You are responsible for knowing Policies and Procedures and Curriculum content as they relate to degree completion, academic progress, and student status.
- Contact the IAS Graduate Office for general advising or answers to specific questions.
- Register on time for appropriate required and elective courses.
- Regularly consult the degree completion requirements to ensure that you are making satisfactory progress toward degree completion.
- Confer with a faculty advisor if you are interested in registering for elective courses outside of your program, and then submit a Petition for Outside Coursework.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date in your MyUW profile.
- Submit the master’s degree request by the deadline during the quarter of degree completion. Neglecting this step will result in the need to register for an additional quarter even though you may have completed all degree requirements.