- Know your registration date and register early. Registration begins at 6:00 AM on your registration date.
- Contact your advisor before your registration date to double check that the classes you take will complete your degree requirements.
- Use the appropriate waitlist form if the class you want is full or you are not in a MAJOR that requires CSS courses.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble registering for reasons other than the class being full. Please include:
- Your student ID number
- The SLN's (5-digit registration codes) of the courses you want to join
- A short description of the issue preventing your registration
- Audit your degree after registering. Click the "Refresh Audit" button to get your most recent audit and make sure your classes are is fulfilling the correct requirements.
Depending on what major or minor you are in, you might not be able to register right away. Students will be able to register themselves for courses according to the following schedule:
- Registration Period I
- CSSE, Applied Computing, and Computer Engineering students
- Students in other majors that require specific CSS courses for their requirements (such as Electrical Engineering students and CSS 301)
- Registration Period II
- Newly admitted CSSE, Applied Computing, and Computer Engineering students who are attending transfer orientation sessions
- Students who have CSS courses as approved elective options in their major requirements (such as Business MIS students and CSS 475)
- Registration Period III
- Students in CSSE and Information Technology minors can only be considered for registration after the orientations for new CSS majors are complete for the quarter. The last orientation for
- Premajor students and students in majors that do not require CSS coursework are only permitted to join a course on a space-available basis after all CSS major and minor students have been assisted.
Discontinuing the waitlists
We use waitlists only up until Friday morning of the first week of the quarter. After that, we discontinue the waitlist and open the courses to all students so that they may have a chance to register for open seats over the weekend.
After the first week is complete, students may only register with instructor permission. Please contact the instructor directly and forward their message granting permission to us at email@example.com, or have them contact us on your behalf.
Waitlist/Registration Request Forms
CSS MAJOR waitlist request
Please use this form if you are in one of the following undergraduate majors:
- Computer Science & Software Systems (CSSE)
- Applied Computing (AC)
- Computer Engineering (CE)
The CSS MAJOR waitlist form is primarily first-come, first-serve. If a seat becomes available for you during or after your registration period (see above), we will follow the instructions you indicated on the form, either registering you immediately or contacting you to confirm.
Courses will appear on the form only after all seats have filled. If a full course you want to join is not on the form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will either assist you with registration or add the course to the form. You may also contact us anytime to check your place on the waitlist.
Access the winter 2021 MAJOR waitlist request form
NON-CSS MAJOR registration request
Please use this form if you are:
- In a major other than CSSE, Applied Computing, or Computer Engineering
- In the CSSE or Information Technology Minor
- A graduate program student (including CSS programs)
- A premajor student
- A non-matriculated student
The NON-CSS MAJOR request form is primarily based on (1) whether you need it for your major or minor and (2) how close you are to graduation. Premajor and non-matriculated students are considered for registration only if there is space. Courses are listed on this form even if they are not full, so please complete it as early as possible.
We will contact you at the beginning of the quarter to let you know whether or not there are any seats available for you. Due to the uncertainty, we recommend that you stay registered for your back-up courses and use the form to tell us if you'd like to drop any of them if a seat becomes availble for you.
Access Winter 2021 NON-MAJOR waitlist request form