Registration best practices
- Know your registration date and register early. Registration begins at 6:00am on your registration date.
- Speak with your advisor before your registration date. This ensures that the classes you will be registering for will meet your degree requirements.
- Refresh your degree audit after you register for your courses to make sure everything is fulfilling the correct requirements.
CSS 142 & 143 co-enrollment requirements
Registration for CSS 142 and CSS 143 requires co-enrollment in a CSSSKL section. Please be sure to register for BOTH sections at the SAME TIME.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your student number and the SLN (5-digit registration code) of the class you want to add. The most common issue students experience is the system failing recognizing your prerequisite courses.
Depending on your status, you might lack the ability to register on your own. Please read carefully below. If you have questions, you are welcome to see a CSS Advisor in DISC-352 or email at email@example.com.
CSS Registration Periods
Students will be able to register themselves for courses according to the following schedule:
- Registration Period I
- CSS students
- Other majors with CSS courses in their core requirements (e.g. Electrical Engineering students and CSS 301)
- Registration Period II
- Other majors with CSS courses as approved electives in their major requirements (e.g. Business MIS students and CSS 475)
- Registration Period III
Waitlist Request Form
You may request a spot on the waitlist only when a course has filled. The course will appear on the Waitlist Request Form when the enrollment cap is reached.
Access the Waitlist Request Form
Students will be manually registered for full courses on or after their registration date as indicated above in the order that they made their requests. We will notify you when your space becomes available.
Pre-major students are not eligible to take upper division CSS courses (300-400 level) unless specified in the course description, but may fill out this form for 100-200 level courses during any registration period.
This form is to request to be placed on waitlists for undergraduate CSS courses only. Graduate-level courses are managed by the CSS Graduate office, and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the Waitlist Request Form, or want to check your place in the queue, please contact the CSS Advisors at email@example.com.