Returning to campus
The University of Washington Bothell will return to in-person instruction for autumn quarter. The University requires students and employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by autumn quarter.
Read more about the vaccine requirement and find out where to get vaccinated.
Employees who can telework without impacting critical operations should be allowed to do so through Sept. 10, 2021, and we remain committed to supporting all faculty and staff with maximum empathy and flexibility. If you have questions about your specific work circumstances, we encourage you to speak with your chair or supervisor about your unit’s local COVID-19 Prevention Plan.
Plans are underway to facilitate our transition back to campus. Check out these sites at the University of Washington for the most updated information on fall quarter:
Coming to campus?
- The University of Washington released updated guidance on July 7 regarding policies around masking, vaccination and physical distancing. Read the message.
- Masks are optional for fully vaccinated persons. Those who have not been vaccinated must continue to wear masks.
- The UW has lifted both indoor and outdoor distancing and COVID-19 capacity requirements, though distancing is still recommended for unvaccinated individuals.
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms. Feel sick or want to be tested? FAQs from the University of Washington provide instruction on symptoms, testing and more. Read the FAQs.
- Complete the attestation in Workday to confirm your vaccination status.
- If you feel sick, stay home. Notify the UW Employee Health Center as soon as your healthcare provider confirms or suspects COVID-19. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-616-3344
Staff & operational resources
Although this moment is marked with uncertainty about our immediate future and many are fearful about the spread of COVID-19, this ambiguity and fear are not an excuse for racism and xenophobia towards any member of our community.
If you experience or witness a bias incident, please report it to the UW Bothell Bias Reporting System.
UW Bothell bias report form
Frequently asked questions