Community Engagement Council Working Groups (2019-2020)
Faculty & Staff Rewards
Group: Charlie Collins, Raissa DeSmet, Ed Beundia, Kara Adams, Deanna Kennedy
Scope: This working group will focus on the mechanisms that enable and recognize the value of the student-faculty-partner relationship in community engagement.
- Members will research institutional community engagment reward approaches used at other institutions.
- Members will draft description, submission requirements, evaluation criteria, and process for operationalizing award.
- Award launched in winter/spring 2020
Group: Carrie Tzou, Mo West, Marie Blakey, Julie Klein, Natalia Dyba, Ryan McIrvin, Ann McMahon, Kara Adams, Deanna Kennedy,
- Members will review current partnership approaches and data used at UWB and others (conversation with past working group on this).
- Members will consider any plans for partner spectrum, partner strategy, other ideas.
Curriculum & Co-Curriculum
Group: Charity Lovitt, Paola Rodríguez Hidalgo, Layla Taylor, Kim Wilson, Sam Al-Khoury, Asna Ali, Kara Adams, Deanna Kennedy.
Scope: This working group will help oversee on-going efforts that clarify the pathways for students to participate in community engagement during their UW Bothell career.
- Members will provide feedback on tri-campus community engaged learning (CEL) course designation descirpiton.
- Members will create process for approving CEL courses and implimentation plan.
Group: Shauna Carlise, Gülru Özkan-Seely, Kim Wilson, Kara Adams, Deanna Kennedy
Scope: This working group will consider the key indicators of community engagement and advise the administration on benchmarks and strategies of assessment use.
- Members will review current assessment approaches and data used at UW Bothell and others.
- Members will consider plans for indicator selection, benchmarking or standards.
- Members will create a data use agreement for external research purposes and for institutional data usage.
- Members will develop a plan for sharing assessment indicators through the Community Engagement Annual Report to be provided to community partners, faculty, staff, and students.