Community Engagement Council
The Community Engagement Council’s central purpose is to advise and assist the University of Washington Bothell in advancing its Community Engagement Mission. It reports to the Chancellor.
The Council (and its Executive Committee) provides a forum for conversation among a range of UW Bothell units and community partners. The conversation is a value in itself for advancing shared understandings; to do so, the Council will develop and maintain a timeline with goals, strategy and tactics to achieve the community engagement mission.
The Council is responsible for reviewing annually progress in achieving them. Further, the Council will be a communication mechanism to expand the range of university and community members informed about and involved with UW Bothell’s Community Engagement efforts. It will also have a quality assurance function in insuring that engagement initiatives undertaken by the University are reviewed in a timely way.
The Council will make strategic recommendations and periodic updates on progress and quality to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Chancellor.
Chancellor's Charge Letter to Council
- Deanna Kennedy, Associate Professor, School of Business, Chair (2018-20)
- Kara Adams, Director of Community Engagement
- Sam Al-Khoury, Director of Student Engagement & Activities
- Marie Blakey, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Marketing and Communications
- Ed Buendia/Sandeep Krishnamurthy, Dean representative (School of Educational Studies & School of Business)
- Shauna Carlisle, Associate Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- Charles Collins, Assistant Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- Sri Devi Duvvuri , Assistant Professor, School of Business
- Natalia Dyba, Director of Global Initiatives
- Raissa DeSmet, Lecturer, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences, Diversity, Equity, Community Engagement Fellows representative
- Cameron Locke, CBLR Student Assistant
- Ryan McIrvin, Government and Community Relations
- Ann McMahon, Executive Director of Research Strategy for Broad Impact, Office of Research
- Layla Taylor, CBLR Program Manager
- Carrie Tzou, Director, Goodlad Institute for Educational Renewal
- Maureen West, Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing & Health Studies
- Kim Wilson, Director, Career Services
- TBD, ASUWB Student Rep
- TBD, School of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
Community Partner Members
- Mary Houston, Director of Service Delivery, Workforce Snohomish
- Karlisa Callwood, Vice President, Science Engagement and Outreach, Pacific Science Center
- Tom Laing, Director, Latino Education Training Institute
- Rosario Reyes, Founder and CEO, Latino Education Training Institute
- Rana San, Community Programmer, Northwest Film Forum
- Marissa Vichayapai, Program Director, 21 Progress
- Krystal Wasson, Administrator and Volunteer Lead, 21 Acres
- City of Bothell, TBD
Community Engagement Council Executive Committee
Responsibilities of the Community Engagement Council Executive Committee: Managing the work of the Council, including agenda-setting, tracking of sub-committee work, and tracking of Council recommendations and assessment of their implementation.
- Deanna Kennedy, Kara Adams, Shauna Carlisle, Ann McMahon