2018 FAQ for family & friends
UW Bothell welcomes family and friends of graduating students to attend the annual commencement ceremony!
Have questions about the 2018 Commencement Ceremony? Find your question below.
Before the Ceremony
Tickets and Seating
How can I make sure my student is eligible to graduate and is registered for the ceremony?
- We cannot give out student information, please check with your student
Where can my student get announcements, class ring, diploma frame, or other items?
- All of the above may be ordered from our licensed vendors. All vendors will be at the Spring Ring and Announcement Fair April 2-3, in the UW 2 Commons Lobby 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
How can my student order their cap and gown?
- Master and Bachelor student's can order caps and gowns through the commencement registration form from May 1 – 18. All commencement items including guest tickets may be picked up at Grad Fair May 22-24 at the North Creek Events Center.
Are there any other associated fees for Commencement besides cap and gown purchase?
- No; however, memorabilia such as diploma frames, a Stole of Gratitude, and announcements are extra.
Tickets and Seating
How many guests can my student invite?
- Students participating in the ceremony may receive up to 10 guest tickets. They may also request an additional two.
- If there are tickets remaining after all 10+2 tickets have been claimed, additional tickets will be available by lottery draw. Those who request an additional 1 or 2 on the registration form will be entered into the lottery. Only ticketed guests may enter the stadium; please do not invite guests who do not have tickets. Tickets can be ordered on the registration form and picked up at Grad Fair.
Do guests need to reserve seating?
- Guests do not need to reserve seating. Seats are on a first-come basis.
- View seating chart below:
Do children need tickets?
- Children ages 2 and under do not need a ticket. Children are not permitted on the ceremony floor with graduates.
What about access and seating for the elderly and those needing accommodations, such as wheelchairs or listening assistance?
- Students should request accommodated tickets for their guests requiring extra time to access their seats, have mobility issues or accommodations or need assistive listening devices. Accommodated guest entry opens at (11:30 a.m.) at Home Plate Entry. Safeco Field and UW Bothell ushers will help guide guests to accessible seating. Assistive listening devices will be available on the concourse, and guests requiring ASL services will be escorted to a designated section.
Can family and friends unable to attend view the ceremony on the web?
Yes, there will be a live webcast of the Commencement ceremony. To view, visit http://www.uwb.edu/commencement/2018-ceremony on Commencement day, June 10.
Where should I park?
Parking is available at the Safeco Parking Garage on Edgar Martinez Way and the CenturyLink Garage. Parking will be available for purchase day-of for $15.
Where do I go on Commencement Day?
Accommodated guests may enter the stadium through Home Plate Entry. Home Plate Entry has escalators as well as elevators. General guests may enter the stadium from Home Plate Entry.
When should guests arrive?
- 11:30 a.m. Accommodated guest ticket-holders arrive
- 12:00 p.m. General guest ticket-holders arrive
- 1:00 p.m. Ceremony begins
Will there be food and beverages available in the Commencement area?
Yes, Safeco Field will have limited concessions open on the concourse.
How long is the ceremony?
There ceremony is expected to be 2 1/2-3 hours long.
How do I find my student after the ceremony?
After the ceremony, students will process through underground tunnels and exit the stadium at the Right Field Entry. Please do NOT plan to meet your student along Edgar Martinez Way. There will be designated meetup locations by school on the tree-lined plaza west of the Safeco Field Garage.