UW CIAC actively shares curriculum, faculty, resources and expertise with other colleges and universities regionally, nationally and internationally.
- MoUs (Memorandum of Understanding) are in place with Aberyswyth in Wales, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology Advanced Convergence Research Center (ACRC) in Korea to share faculty, curriculum and resources.
- Canadian Reservists Students from University of British Columbia (UBC) have received scholarships to take the UW Information Security and Risk Management Certificate.
- A MoU with the University of Hawaii Manoa (UHM) started in 2005 to share faculty and curriculum in order to develop Cyber Defense education at UHM.
- The UW CIAC's experience in starting the Pacific Rim Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (PRCCDC) through collaboration with the WA National Guard has been used to jump start other student competitions. At the UHM they've started the Po‘oihe 2016 Cyber Security Exercise, view site. With mentoring from the UW CIAC, UHM is now a Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Research (CAE-R), a certification offered by NIETP, the NSA and DHS.
- In collaboration with Mississippi State University, UW CIAC arranged six Digital Forensics (DF) and Advanced Digital Forensic workshops at Camp Murray, Washington between 2010 and 2015. This partnership and sharing of resources resulted in training 187 military, Guard, and Reserve personnel to incorporate Digital Forensics into their civilian and military careers.
- The UW is a CAE Regional Resource Center (CRRC). In November 2016 UW co-hosted with Whatcom Community College and CyberWatch West an NSA Sponsored Knowledge Unit Workshop. This workshop focused on helping colleges and universities in their process for certification to become a Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE).