Chemistry degree options
There are three undergraduate chemistry programs at UW Bothell:
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (general option)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (biochemistry option)
The prerequisites for entry into any one of the three undergraduate Chemistry programs at the UW Bothell are:
- A one-year Calculus series intended for science majors. The series should be equivalent to the STMATH 124, 125, 126 series at UW Bothell.
- A one-year General Chemistry series intended for science majors. The series should be equivalent to the B CHEM 143+144, 153+154, 163+164 series at UW Bothell and must include labs.
- A one-year Organic Chemistry series intended for science majors. The series should be equivalent to the B CHEM 237, 238+241, 239+242 series at UW Bothell and must include labs. Internal applicants may apply while B CHEM 237 is in progress.
The University of Washington operates on a quarter system. If you are transferring from an institution that operates on a semester system, then please note that a three-quarter series and a two-semester series are usually considered equivalent.
You may submit an application while you have your final Calculus and/or Organic Chemistry course in progress, but these courses must be completed before you begin the first quarter of your major.
All prerequisite coursework must be completed with a minimum grade of 2.0 in each course. However, reaching this minimum is not a guarantee of admission.
How to apply
If you are a pre-major student at the University of Washington Bothell, please submit an internal application online. WIN22 applications for internal applicants opens September 1st. Internal application deadline is October 15th. For students from UW Seattle or UW Tacoma, please complete a transfer application, below.
If you have questions about the internal application process, please contact pre-major advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the pre-major advising website.
If you are a student from an institution other than the University of Washington Bothell, please submit a transfer application online. Students from UW Seattle or UW Tacoma , please use the transfer application. WIN22 application deadline for transfer students is October 1st.
If you have questions about the transfer application process, please visit the transfer advising website.
Notes on transfer coursework
To determine how most courses from a 2-year institution in Washington State transfer to the University of Washington Bothell, visit the transfer equivalency guide. If you have questions about how a course transfers, please contact the admissions office.