Chemistry degree options
There are three undergraduate chemistry programs at UW Bothell:
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (general option)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (biochemistry option)
The prerequisites for entry into any one of the three undergraduate Chemistry programs at the UW Bothell are:
- A one-year Calculus series intended for science majors. The series should be equivalent to the STMATH 124, 125, 126 series at UW Bothell.
- A one-year General Chemistry series intended for science majors. The series should be equivalent to the B CHEM 143+144, 153+154, 163+164 series at UW Bothell and must include labs.
- A one-year Organic Chemistry series intended for science majors. The series should be equivalent to the B CHEM 237, 238+241, 239+242 series at UW Bothell and must include labs. Internal applicants may apply while B CHEM 237 is in progress.
The University of Washington operates on a quarter system. If you are transferring from an institution that operates on a semester system, then please note that a three-quarter series and a two-semester series are usually considered equivalent.
You may submit an application while you have your final Calculus and/or Organic Chemistry course in progress, but these courses must be completed before you begin the first quarter of your major.
All prerequisite coursework must be completed with a minimum grade of 2.0 in each course. However, reaching this minimum is not a guarantee of admission.
How to apply
If you are a pre-major student at the University of Washington Bothell, please submit an internal application online. For students from UW Seattle or UW Tacoma, please complete a transfer application, below.
If you have questions about the internal application process, please contact pre-major advising at email@example.com or visit the pre-major advising website.
If you are a student from an institution other than the University of Washington Bothell, please submit a transfer application online. Students from UW Seattle or UW Tacoma , please use the transfer application.
If you have questions about the transfer application process, please visit the transfer advising website.
Notes on transfer coursework
To determine how most courses from a 2-year institution in Washington State transfer to the University of Washington Bothell, visit the transfer equivalency guide. If you have questions about how a course transfers, please contact the admissions office.