About the Diversity Council
The Diversity Council was born out of the conversation about the 21st Century Campus Initiative, which defines strategic imperatives for the University of Washington Bothell.
The Diversity Council is an advisory body established to coordinate and guide ongoing progress in fulfilling the commitment to diversity outlined in the mission statement and identified as a priority through UW Bothell's strategic planning processes. The Diversity Council will advise the Chancellor and Vice Chancellors and make recommendations to inform the work of appropriate decision-making bodies. The Diversity Council will collaborate with the Cabinet, Academic Council, and GFO Executive Council on a regular basis and meet with the Chancellor annually.
- Wayne Au, Interim Dean of Diversity & Equity (Chair)
- Sam Al-Khoury, Director, Student Engagement & Activities
- Diana Betancourt Macias, Undocumented Focused Program Manager, Student Diversity Center
- John Eklof, Executive Director of Equity & Inclusion, Cascadia College (ex-officio)
- Alejandro Francetich, Assistant Proessor, School of Business
- Rosa Liu, Manager, Veterans Services & Disability Resources for Students
- Milagros Loreto, Assistant Professor, School of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Miguel Macias, Director, Student Diversity Center
- Selina Mohammed, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Marina Silcheva, Talent Acquisition Partner, OE&HR (ex-officio)
- Janelle Silva, Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Diversity & Equity, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- Elizabeth Wilmerding, Violence Prevention & Advocacy Program Manager
- Erick Yanzon, Program Coordinator, Office of Diversity & Equity (secretary)