Chancellors Advisory Committee on Environmental Sustainability (CACES)
In 2012, the University of Washington Bothell Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Environmental Sustainability (CACES) was established as an advisory body to coordinate and guide progress in fulfilling the commitment to environmental sustainability, identified as a priority through the UW Bothell’s strategic planning processes. The committee advises the Chancellor and Vice Chancellors, and reports annually to the campus.
CACES works to promote and facilitate the cooperative efforts of our community members, including faculty, students and staff, to educate, develop values, share knowledge, recommend policies, and implement practices that are sustainable. CACES is an inter-departmental and interdisciplinary group of staff, faculty, and students on campus interested in working together to advance sustainability on campus and beyond. Student groups and other campus community members are invited to propose sustainability-related ideas, research, and initiatives to CACES that they would like to see implemented on campus, as well as attend CACES meetings to get updates on the state of campus sustainability.
- Tony Guerrero, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Facilities Services (Co-chair)
- Warren Gold, Associate Professor, IAS (Co-chair)
- Carolyn Brennan, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Office of Research Support
- Heather Galindo, Lecturer, School of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Rita Johnson, Administrator, School of Nursing & Health Studies
- Tyson Kemper, Building & Grounds Supervisor, Facilities Services
- Chelsea Knodel, Director of Auxiliary Services, Auxiliary Services
- Alexa Russo, Sustainability Coordinator, Facilities Services
- Daniele Raymond, Parking Enforcement Officer, Commuter Services
- Omar Al-Ekaili, ASUWB Representative
- Kelly Snyder, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Government and Community Relations
- Rob Turner, Assistant Professor, IAS
- Faculty Representative, School of Business (currently vacant seat)