Completing a Self-placement
Self-placements can be used to meet the Community- Based Learning and Research requirement for your course IF you have a pre-existing volunteer relationship with an organization, AND the nature of your service work aligns with the learning goals of your course. Students who plan to complete a community-based learning and research self-placement must complete a Self-Placement Form.
SELF-PLACEMENT FORMS ARE DUE ACCORDING TO FACULTY INSTRUCTION.
Self Placement Guidelines
1) What is the name of your service site? Is the organization you chose someone that UW Bothell already works with?
2) Is your organization listed in the drop-down menu?
- If yes, proceed to step 3, then enter the corresponding information
- If not, please see step 4 for further instructions
3) Select your organization and be sure that the "New organization?" box is UNCHECKED. Select the name of the correct "contact person" from the drop-down menu.
IF YOUR SITE SUPERVISOR IS NOT LISTED IN THE DROP-DOWN MENU, email the office of Community-Based Learning and Research with the name, email, and phone number of your site supervisor before you select a site supervisor from the drop-down menu and continue the self-placement form.
4) You must create a NEW organization profile for your service site. Make sure to CHECK the "New organization?" box.
Enter the following pieces of information:
- The organization's full name
- Its mailing address
- Its website
- Enter its mission statement, or a description of what the organization does under the "What is the organization all about?" box.
- The first and last name of your contact person/site supervisor, their position title, and the best email to reach them at.
**This contact information is incredibly important for your course instructor and CBLR Office to ensure you complete the CBLR requirement, which has bearing on grading.