The University of Washington Bothell Career Services is hosting their annual All-Industries Fair on October 21, and Tech & Engineering Fair October 22. These virtual events will take place on Handshake’s virtual fair platform. If you do not have a Handshake account, create an employer account or if you have not connected with the University of Washington submit a request under “schools” in your account. Note: UW Bothell shares a Handshake account with UW Seattle.
The platform will allow for pre-scheduled 1:1 video chats along with group sessions. Each company’s registration will include:
- Each representative will be able to create their own 1:1 schedule. These schedules include 10-minute slots with the ability to set student qualifications.
- Each company will be able to host group sessions with Handshake video that may last up to 30 minutes with a limit of 50 attendees for each session throughout the event.
- If you need to host a group session for greater than 50 attendees, or you would prefer to use an external platform, an external video platform link may be used.
- All employer representatives are required to have active Handshake user accounts before they are able to set up 1:1 schedules or participate in group sessions.
- Representative names, 1:1 schedules, and group sessions do not need to be set when you register for the fair. However, you must add to this information between now and the close of registration (September 21, 2020).
- When registering, include any/all contacts you would like to receive communication about the fair.
Handshake’s Materials for Registration and Fair Participation
Handshake is creating comprehensive training content to assist with employers’ registration, scheduling, and day-of participation. We will be adding links to those materials on this page as they become available. Review some helpful resources here:
Comprehensive Guide – Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
Training Webinar – Handshake Virtual Career Fair Training for Employers
UW Handshake Virtual Fair Best Practices
More Handshake Help – Individual Articles & Videos:
Registration and Adding Reps
How to Register for the Virtual Fair
How to Edit Your Registration
How to Add a Representative to Your Registration
How to Change the Registrant on a Registration
Creating and Managing Schedules
Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs
How to Set a Schedule for a Virtual Fair (Video)
Claiming & Participating in a Schedule
How to Claim a Virtual Fair Schedule (Video)
Managing Schedules for Virtual Fairs
Hosting Virtual Sessions
Hosting Virtual Fair Sessions
How to Host Virtual Fair Sessions in Handshake (Video)
Before the Fair
How can I ensure that I’ll be successful with the technology portion of the fair?
Make sure you meet the right requirements to use audio and video smoothly. This resource contains a testing link from Twilio, our video provider, as well as several tips for the best experience possible Handshake Video Requirements & Troubleshooting (Employers).
The Day of the Fair
It's a good idea to log in to the session early on the day of the fair to grant permissions needed by your computer/browser and test audio, video, and screen sharing!
How do I host sessions?
- Step-by-step instructions are available in this resource, Hosting Virtual Fair Sessions.
- On the day of the fair, you'll be able to launch sessions up to 60 minutes ahead of your start time to test your audio and video connection.
- Note: Students are able to join up to five minutes early to test their connection, so please know that if you are in a session early, students could appear early as well.
What Browser should I use for the fair?
Handshake works best with Chrome. Please note that virtual fair video screensharing within Handshake will only be supported on Chrome and Firefox.
Need More Help?
After reviewing our FAQ page if you need further assistance there are two ways to obtain help.
- Handshake is hosting Virtual Fair Office Hours for Employers almost every day from 10:30-11:15 am PT for the next two weeks. This is a great opportunity for you to get help directly from Handshake. Sign up to attend these office hours.
- UW Bothell Career Services will host Office Hours during the following times via Zoom. This is a great opportunity to ask about what strategies would be best for your organization to successfully recruit UW Bothell students. We can also help navigate you to Handshake resources.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.