Ready to make an appointment?
Review our appointment policies below.
Online resume and cover letter reviews
Request an online review
If you are an undergraduate student and would like to have your resume or cover letter reviewed electronically, please complete this form. We will invite you to a Canvas site where you can upload your materials and receive feedback within 2 business days.
Make an appointment
If you are an undergraduate student wanting to explore majors and careers, review application materials, or develop internship & job search strategies, make an appointment through EAB. Be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org before the appointment with any documents you want to review.
Graduate students, alumni, & grad school advising:
Make an appointment
All career-related appointments for graduate students and alumni, and any students applying for grad school. See the instructions below to make an appointment through Handshake.
STEM graduate students:
Make an appointment
For students enrolled in a STEM Graduate program who want to discuss technical resume reviews, job & internship search strategy, career transition & exploration, salary negotiation, professional portfolio reviews, or alumni advising. Make an appointment through SlyReply.
Resume and cover letter reviews
Career Services is here to help you through the process of formulating and tailoring your resume or cover letter to a specific job or internship. In order for us to best assist you, please:
- Schedule an appointment for a resume or cover letter review
- Email your resume or cover letter to email@example.com before the appointment
- Email the job description, if you have one
If you prefer to simply have written feedback, make an appointment and in the comments box explain that the appointment is for an online email review of your document.
- Email your resume as a Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure it's not formatted in a template).
- During your scheduled appointment time, we will comment on and revise your document using the "Track Changes" feature under the "Review" tab in Word; we will email the reviewed document back to you.
LinkedIn profile reviews
Create your professional profile and start connecting with alumni and industry professionals. This is a good way to market your skills; create an online resume and portfolio; get recommendations and endorsements; stay connected; and develop your network.
- Schedule an appointment for a LinkedIn Review, or read these important tips to make your profile stand out!
Interviews can be intimidating, especially if you are not prepared for the types of questions employers generally ask. Career Services offers one-hour practice interviews so that you can develop your interview skills and get a feel for the types of questions to preapre for. Half of this time will be for the "interview" itself; the remaining time will be spent discussing and evaluating your performance in order to improve for your actual interview. To set up this kind of appointment:
- Schedule an appointment for a mock interview
- Email your resume and a position description to email@example.com for the appointment
Job & internship search strategies or career exploration
Schedule an appointment to discuss exploring majors and careers, or internship and job search strategies. Internships are a great way to build applicable work experience. They help you to bridge your academic experience with the world of work, and to try out different career options to find a good fit. You will be asked about the type of internships or jobs that interest you, and why. Come to your appointment prepared to discuss your work history, academic major, and future career goals.
It is recommended that you update your resume before scheduling an appointment. If you would like assistance writing or updating your resume, schedule an appointment for Resume Review prior to your advising appointment.
Think about these things before your appointment:
- What is your dream job/internship?
- Where would you like to work?
- What skills do you want to gain/refine?
- How far are you willing to travel/commute?
- How much time can you commit to an internship?
Graduate students, graduate school advising & recent graduates
All appointments for current graduate students, students seeking advice on applying to graduate school, and alumni are scheduled in Handshake. Please note that you will only be able to schedule one upcoming appointment at a time (regardless of the appointment type). To schedule an appointment, login to Handshake, then select "Career Center" in the header bar at the top of the page, and then select "Schedule Appointment."
Schedule an appointment with our Graduate Students & Alumni Career Advisor to discuss how to explore career options; develop a job search strategy; learn about salary negotiation; review your portfolio; review professional applications; discuss graduate school applications; or receive alumni career advice. Recent graduates who have received a degree from UW Bothell in the past two years (24 months) are eligible to schedule appointments with our Graduate Students & Alumni Career Advisor for no fee.
STEM graduate students
If you are enrolled in a STEM Graduate program, schedule an appointment with our STEM Graduate Career Counselor to review your technical resume; develop a job & internship search strategy; discuss career transition & exploration, and salary negotiation; receive a professional portfolio review; or receive career advice for alumni.
We base our policies and procedures on professional business etiquette and expectations of the employment community. Showing up, being prompt to appointments, and communicating if you have to cancel or will be late, are some of these important expectations.
The impact to other students is also of primary consideration because every appointment that results in a no-show takes away a time slot available to another student needing legitimate support. In addition, our staff calendars are booked daily with student appointments, meetings, class presentations, events, and programs. Because of this, we do not have the resources to respond to, and review, materials emailed to us that aren’t aligned with an appointment slot. The appointment time you schedule is our dedicated time to work with you 1:1 to provide advice and feedback on your application process. If you would like us to review materials solely virtually, communicate that to us, and provide the materials to review before your appointment time.
If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, without notifying Career Services in advance, your appointment will be considered a “missed appointment" and you will need to reschedule.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please do so through the scheduling system at least 24 hours in advance. If it is less than 24 hours prior, call or email Career Services at 425-352-3706 or firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your appointment. Keep in mind that same-day cancellations (especially repeat same-day cancellations) may be subject to the No Show/Late Cancellation policy (see below) at the discretion of the Career Services staff.
No-Show/Late Cancellation policy
- 1st notification: Will result in an email being sent, from the Career & Internship Specialist, inquiring about why you missed your appointment.
- 2nd notification: Will result in a warning email stating that Career Services has an Appointment No Show/Late Cancellation policy.
- 3rd notification: Will result in your EAB privileges for Career Services appointments being revoked. At the 3rd notification, your EAB account will be blocked from making additional Career Services appointments until you email your Career & Internship Specialist, schedule a meeting, show up for the appointment, and discuss the missed meetings. Email email@example.com for any questions.