Ready to make an appointment?
- After registering for an appointment, students will be sent a link to join the appointment virtually (by Zoom phone or video). Be sure to email email@example.com any documents you're wanting to review beforehand.
- Virtual Drop-in Advising hours with Career Services | Monday-Thursday | 3:30-4:30pm Virtual drop-in sessions are 15 minutes long and are perfect for quick questions, resume & cover letter tips, as well as, job, internship, and career advice. Drop-in advising is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Join the virtual waiting room and our Career & Internship Specialist will assist you as soon as they are able.
Make an appointment
If you are an undergraduate student wanting to explore majors and careers, review application materials, or develop internship & job search strategies, make an appointment through EAB/Navigate.
Graduate students, alumni, & grad school advising:
Make an appointment
All career-related appointments for graduate students and alumni, and any students applying for grad school. Instructions below to make an appointment through Handshake.
STEM graduate students:
Make an appointment
For students enrolled in a STEM Graduate program, discuss technical resume reviews, developing a job & internship search strategy, career transition & exploration, salary negotiation, professional portfolio review, or alumni advising, make an appointment through SlyReply.
Resume and cover letter reviews
Career Services is here to help you through the process of formulating and tailoring your resume or letter to a specific job or internship. In order for us to best assist you, please:
- Schedule an appointment for a resume or cover letter review
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume or cover letter before the appointment
- Email the job description, if you have one
If you prefer to simply have written feedback, make an appointment and in the comments box explain that the appointment is for an online email review of your document
- Email your resume as a Microsoft Word document to email@example.com (be sure it's not formatted in a template).
- Your document will be reviewed using “track changes” and comments and revisions will be made using the "Track Changes" feature under the "Review" tab during the time you have your appointment scheduled, and will email it back to you.
LinkedIn profile reviews
Create your professional profile and start connecting with alumni and industry professionals. This is a good way to market your skills, create an online resume and portfolio, get recommendations and endorsements, stay connected and develop your network.
- Schedule an appointment for a LinkedIn Review or read these important tips to make your profile stand out!
Interviews can be intimidating, especially if you are not prepared for the types of questions employers generally ask. Career Services offers one-hour practice interviews so that you can develop your interview skills and get a feel for the types of questions to preapre for. Half of this time will be for the "interview" itself, and the remaining time will be spent discussing and evaluating your performance in order to improve for your actual interview. To set up this kind of appointment:
- Schedule an appointment for a mock interview
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a position description for the appointment
Job & internship search strategies or career exploration
Schedule an appointment to discuss exploring majors and careers or internship and job search strategies. Internships are a great way to build applicable work experience. They help you to bridge your academic experience with the world of work and to try out different career options to find a good fit. You will be asked about the type of internships or jobs that interest you and why. Come to your appointment prepared to discuss your work history, academic major, and future career goals.
It is recommended that you update your resume before scheduling an appointment. If you would like assistance writing or updating your resume, schedule an appointment for Resume Review prior to your advising appointment.
Think about these things before your appointment:
- What is your dream job/internship?
- Where would you like to work?
- What skills do you want to gain/refine?
- How far are you willing to travel/commute?
- How much time can you commit to an internship?
Graduate students, graduate school advising & recent graduates
All appointments for current graduate students, and students seeking advice on applying to graduate school, and alumni are scheduled in Handshake. Please note that you will only be able to schedule one upcoming appointment at a time (regardless of the appointment type). To schedule an appointment login to Handshake, then select "Career Center" in the header bar at the top of the page, then select "Schedule Appointment".
Schedule an appointment with our Graduate Students & Alumni Career Advisor to discuss exploring career options, develop a job search strategy, learn about salary negotiation, review your portfolio, review professional applications, discuss graduate school applications, or receive alumni career advice. Recent graduates who have received a degree from UW Bothell in the past two years (24 months) are eligible to schedule appointments with our Graduate Students & Alumni Career Advisor for no fee.
STEM graduate students
If you are enrolled in a STEM Graduate program, schedule an appointment with our STEM Graduate Career Counselor to review your technical resume, develop a job & internship search strategy, discuss career transition & exploration, and salary negotiation, receive a professional portfolio review, or career advice for alumni.
Career Services bases many policies and procedures on professional business etiquette and expectations of a professional work place. Being prompt to appointments is one of those important expectations. Our policy supports that.
A student will be considered a late arrival if they miss the first 15 minutes of their appointment. If the student has notified us to let us know that they are running late (prior to their appointment), they will have the remaining portion of the time scheduled.
If the student has not notified Career Services that they will be late, the appointment will be canceled and marked as a "no show". We welcome the student to reschedule for another time.
Feel free to modify/cancel your appointment (preferably at least one day prior) through the scheduling system or by calling Career Services 425-352-3706.