R. Brooks Gekler is an Executive-in-Residence and Lecturer at the University of Washington-Bothell, where he currently teaches Business Consulting and Marketing.
Brooks began teaching following his retirement from General Mills Inc. a $17 billion global consumer foods company. As a Brand Manager, General Manager, Division President, Corporate Vice President and Officer for General Mills, Brooks achieved market leading results building established brands, entering emerging markets, managing business turnarounds and leading business acquisitions and integrations.
Brooks earned an AB degree in English Literature and History from Vassar College and an MBA degree in Marketing and International Business from the Stern School of Business at New York University. While completing his MBA degree, Brooks participated in the International Management Program at London Business School.
Brooks currently holds Business Advisory Board positions with Fitness Innovation Technologies, J&D’s Foods, Sparke Technologies Inc., and Everett CC School of Business & Entrepreneurship. An active community volunteer, Brooks has served on boards supporting inner-city economic development, children’s theatre, and international amateur sports.
General Mills Inc. retired (1985 – 2007)
- Corporate Vice President, Corporate Development, Mergers and Acquisitions (2005 – 2007)
- President / General Manager, Lloyd's BBQ Company (2001 – 2005)
- Chief Integration Officer / Chief Marketing Officer, Small Planet Foods (2000 – 2001)
- Sr. Vice President / Chief Marketing Officer, General Mills Canada (1996 – 2000)
- Marketing Director, Betty Crocker Desserts Division (1994 – 1996)
- Business Unit Director, Beverages Business Unit (1993 – 1994)
- Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Asst. Product Manager (1985 – 1993)