See the Application Deadlines for Undergraduate Majors page for details.
The Office of Admissions can serve you better and faster if all the documents required to complete your admission file arrive together. Keep application closing dates in mind; If you attended a college or university out of state, you will need extra time for your transcripts to arrive at your home before you can mail them. If it is not possible to mail the documents with your application you may ask the school(s) to send official documents directly to our admissions office. If you have attended a Washington state community college(s), please have your transcript(s) sent electronically (not faxed).
A complete application file consists of:
- Application: Apply Online
- Personal Statement:
- Suggested information to include in your personal statement: work experience, extracurricular activities, and unusual circumstances. Please limit your statement to no more than two double spaced typewritten pages.
- Personal Statement Prompt
- Official Transcripts:
- An official transcript is required from each college or university you have ever attended. If you have international transcripts, please contact an International Student Advisor no later than two months prior to the application deadline to ensure your application is complete.
- An official high school transcript (You only need to send your high school transcript if you studied foreign language or intermediate algebra in high school but not in college).
Send all of your application materials in one package to:
University of Washington Bothell
18115 Campus Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011-8246
Enrollment and admission into the CSSE program is highly competitive. The admissions committee uses a holistic approach when reviewing applications and takes into account, academic performance (grades in prerequisite courses, repeated courses, overall GPA, grade trend), activities outside the classroom, and the personal statement.