Administering directory access
New and current content editors who need access to a directory need the permission of the directory’s primary publisher. The Advancement & External Relations web team assigns roles to accounts after receiving permission from the primary publisher and after verifying the content editor has attended a Kentico training.
There are two user roles with different levels of access. Primary Publishers are encouraged to keep the number of publishers down to as few as possible and editors as the majority.
This user can create/edit webpages as well as content (images, hyperlinks, etc.); they must notify someone when publishing, deleting, and archiving a page is needed. Student employees are only allowed this level of access.
This user has the same access as an editor but additionally can archive documents (take them offline but still visible within Kentico), delete pages and publish changes right away. They are also responsible for having a higher level of knowledge around UW Bothell brand standards and federal, state, and university policies on accessibility at UW Bothell.
Primary Publishers approval process
New content editors - never worked in the CMS before
- The new content editor's supervisor will need to submit a new UWB account request before proceeding. Learn more about the UWB access accounts.
- After the account is created, the content editor is responsible for contacting the directory's primary publisher and for sign up for a training.
- The Primary publishers will submit a CMS directory access request to the Advancement & External Relations Web Team for review. Content editors do not submit their own directory access requests.
- The web team will verify if additional information is needed from the primary publisher and then log the request in our project tracking system.
- New content editors will be asked to attend a mandatory introductory training prior to receiving access.
- After the training, the Web Support Specialist will assign the designated role to the content editor within Kentico. They will send a confirmation email and Cc their supervisor and primary publisher.
Current content editors
For those who already have a Kentico account and access but need additional directory access.
- Primary publishers will submit a CMS directory access request to the Advancement & External Relations Web Team for review. Content editors do not submit their own directory access requests.
- The web team will verify if additional information is needed from the primary publisher and then log it in the project tracking system.
- A web team member will receive the request, log into Kentico and assign the designated role to the appropriate user.
- The web team member will then respond to the request and include the content editor, their supervisor, and the primary publisher to let them know when the task was completed.
If you have any questions about the process, please send them to UW Bothell Advancement and External Relations Web Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary publisher CMS access request
Read the approval process in the paragraphs above. Only primary publishers can email the Web Team at email@example.com to request access and should include the following information.
- Content editors full name, NetID (@uw.edu), and UWB Access Account (@uwb.edu) - not the primary publisher's info
- Top level directory name(s). Example: uwb.edu/advancement, /it, etc.
- Access cannot be granted to single pages; entire directory access only
- Do they work for UW Bothell? List if they're faculty, staff, or student.
- Any comments.