Administering directory access
A primary publisher is the point person between their unit and the Web Team - they are responsible for acting as "gatekeepers" to their directory and inform the web team who is allowed access and what level. They submit the access request forms to inform the web team of changes. This page is intended to assist primary publishers with approving access to their directory/directories.
There are two user roles with different levels of access. Primary Publishers are encouraged to keep the number of publishers down to as few as possible and editors as the majority in order to ensure compliance and consistency.
This user can create/edit webpages as well as content (text, tables, images, hyperlinks, etc.); they must notify a publisher when publishing, deleting, and archiving a page is needed. Student employees are only allowed this level of access.
This user has the same access as an editor but additionally can archive and delete pages as well as publish changes. They are also expected to review and publish editor content updates. They are responsible for having a higher level of knowledge around UW Bothell brand standards and federal, state, and university policies on accessibility at UW Bothell.
Approval process for brand new content editors
- The new content editor's supervisor will need to submit a new UWB account request before proceeding. Learn more about the UWB access accounts.
- After the account is created, the content editor is responsible for contacting the directory's primary publisher and for sign up for a training.
- The Primary publishers will submit a Kentico access request to the Advancement & External Relations Web Team for review. Content editors do not submit their own directory access requests.
- The web team will verify if additional information is needed from the primary publisher and then log the request in our project tracking system.
- New content editors will be asked to attend a mandatory introductory training prior to receiving access.
- After the training, the Web Support Specialist will assign the designated role to the content editor within Kentico. They will send a confirmation email and Cc their supervisor and primary publisher.
Approval process for current content editors
For those who already have a Kentico account and access but need additional directory access.
- Primary publishers will submit a Kentico access request to the Advancement & External Relations Web Team for review. Content editors do not submit their own directory access requests.
- The web team will verify if additional information is needed from the primary publisher.
- The Web Support Specialist will receive the request, assign the designated role to the appropriate user, and respond to the request. The content editor, their supervisor, and the primary publisher will be notified when the task is completed.
If you have any questions about the process, please send them to UW Bothell Advancement and External Relations Web Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary publisher Kentico access request
Read the approval process in the paragraphs above. Only primary publishers should email the Web Team at email@example.com to request access and should include the following information:
- New content editors full name, NetID (@uw.edu) - not the primary publisher's info
- Top level directory name(s) (example: uwb.edu/advancement, /studentaffairs, etc.)
- Access cannot be granted to individual pages; entire directory access only
- Are they UW Bothell faculty, staff, or student-employee?
- Any comments.