Getting editing access
Each website directory has a primary publisher that new content editors must work with to get permission to edit the department or school's website. Read the Request access page for all information.
- Gain permission to edit from the directory's primary publisher; primary publisher contacts the web team
- Supervisors submit the account creation request to UW Bothell IT
- New content editor attends the mandatory training
- Gain role access from trainer after training (assuming primary publisher email has been received)
Access Kentico through the CMS admin portal (www.uwb.edu/admin).
When logging in you will be asked for your user name in email format, which is your UWB Access Account, and the password associated with this account.
Note: Your UWBID is not the same as a NetID. This account is only for accessing Kentico in the browser. It will always start with the first letter of your first name, then your last name and ends in @uwb.edu. Example: AMagdall@uwb.edu
Issues logging in?
Double check the following:
- You're using your Access Account credentials, not your NetID
- the "@uwb.edu" is in the username field
- the correct case-sensitive password for the Access Account (not NetID)
- You're logging into the admin portal (uwb.edu/admin) and not the training environment
If you still cannot login, visit UWB IT in the Library, LB2-218, and bring a photo ID card (Husky card) to have them reset it.
Now you're logged in! If you're still new to Kentico, here are some tips on how to get started.
- After logging in, you see the "Dashboard"; click the "Pages" tile to access your web pages to begin editing.
- You must first "check out" the page (similar to a library book); only one person can edit a page at a time.
- The toolbar will not appear until after you check-out a page
- Any new page you create will automatically be checked out to you.
- Don't move or rename pages without consulting your team and/or the Web Team
- When you're done editing, "Check In" the page for publishing.
- From here, you can