Prospective students need only submit one application to UW Bothell and the School of Business.
Step 1: Check Application Deadlines
|Current UW Bothell Pre-majors
Please check the Application Deadlines page for updates.
To ensure consideration for admission, the application and all supplemental materials must be received by the Admissions Office (Transfer Student Applications) or the School of Business Advising Office (Current UW Bothell Student Applications) by the Priority Application Date listed. Applications received and/or completed after the Priority Application Date will be considered for admission on a space-available basis.
Degree program locations include the Bothell campus and the Eastside Leadership Center (ELC) in Bellevue.
- Applications to Bothell campus are accepted for Autumn, Winter and Spring quarters.
- Applications to the Eastside Leadership Center in Bellevue are accepted for Autumn and Winter quarters (subject to change).
Applicants should have a minimum of seven business prerequisites and 60 transferable credits completed (80 credits preferred) prior to submitting a Business application.
Step 2: Complete An Application Form
Transfer students (includes current UW Seattle and UW Tacoma Students)
Returning UW Bothell Students
- If you were previously enrolled at UW Bothell, submit Returning Student Application to the University of Washington Bothell online.
Returning students will also need to submit an updated personal statement and resume to the Bothell School of Business.
Current UW Bothell Students (Pre-majors) - submit online to School of Business
- Internal Application to the Bothell campus and the Eastside Leadership Center in Bellevue.
- The online application login requires all students to use their UW email address.
Step 3: Complete Supplemental Application Requirements
Please submit all materials to UW Bothell Admissions Office
A. Take the Writing Skills Assessment
Register for the Writing Skills Assessment (WSA) prior to the posted application deadline or submit official SAT W score to UW Bothell
Applications will not be reviewed by the School of Business Admissions Committee without an official WSA score, SAT W/SAT Essay score or ACT W score.
B. Submit Official Transcripts
Provide one official transcript from each college or university you have attended with your application. Note: If you have attended a
Washington state community college(s), please have your transcript(s) sent electronically (NOT faxed). In addition please provide
an official high school transcript if you studied two years of a single foreign language in high school but not two quarters of a single
foreign language in college.
If you are in the process of completing coursework, please be sure to submit updated official transcript once grades are posted.
C. Submit Personal Statement
Prepare a personal statement (no more than two pages double-spaced) that addresses each of the following:
- Your preparation and motivation to pursue upper-division studies in business.
- Your ability to contribute to the educational experience of other students at UW Bothell campus or the ELC in Bellevue
- Other factors that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider (i.e., academic or personal challenges).
D. Submit Resume
Prepare a resume (maximum one page in length) that includes education, employment, volunteer/extracurricular activities, and interests.
E. Additional Information
Complete applications received by the application deadline will be assured of a review; complete applications received after the application deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis. Admissions will remain open until the program is full.
Your admission is contingent upon receipt of transcripts verifying successful completion of all prerequisite courses prior to the quarter you will begin classes at the University.
Additional information about these requirements can be found on our Admission
Please contact an UW Bothell Admissions Advisor if you have questions about any of these requirements.