UW Bothell School of Business Applicants: Autumn 2022 Applications are Open.
*The Autumn Application deadline for transfer students is August 1, 2022.
Check back quarterly for updates or changes.
It's important to plan the courses you will take prior to applying for admission to the UW Bothell School of Business.
- Applicants can refer to this grid of approved Prerequisite Courses.
- All applicants for whom English is a non-native language must provide proof of English Language Proficiency by providing scores that meet the University's minimum on one of the following exams or through one of the alternative options listed below.
- Applicants may view the Business Program Comparison Sheet when deciding what program is best for them.
Admission to the Business School is competitive, and candidates are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Previous academic performance (cumulative and business prerequisite GPA)
- Completion of all prerequisite courses
- Personal statement
- Demonstration of the relationship between academic opportunities and the candidate's professional career goals
- Results of the writing assessment review option
- Likelihood of success in the degree program
Academic Performance and Prerequisites
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for admission:
- A cumulative GPA (grade-point average) of at least a 2.5 in all college coursework.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 in all business prerequisites.
- Applicants must also complete 10 credits of English composition to meet eligibility requirements.
- S/NS grades during Covid-19, for any quarter designated as having extenuating circumstances, School of Business will consider an "S" (satisfactory) grade as fulfilling admission pre-requisite requirements. Please note that, there must be 6 of the pre-requisite courses with a decimal grade at the time of application. It is also advisable that students have at least of their two quantitative courses, (statistics or calculus) decimal-graded, as quantitative course are important for admissions decisions.
Students applying to the UW Bothell School of Business must have completed at least seven of the following courses at the time of application. All prerequisite coursework -- the nine Business prerequisites below, plus 10 credits of English composition -- must be completed prior to beginning the program.
- Financial Accounting I*
- Financial Accounting II*
- Managerial Accounting*
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Law or Business Law
- Calculus or Business Calculus
- English Compositions
* Note: Applicants to the Accounting Option must earn a minimum 2.5 grade in all accounting prerequisites and a cumulative 3.0 average across accounting courses.
Transfer students may see equivalent transferable courses in the Prerequisite Courses Grid.
General University Requirements
In addition to the above courses, students must complete the general university requirements listed below prior to graduation. Some of the above courses count towards general university requirements.
- Foreign language: Two years in high school or 10 credits of one foreign language at the college level
- Mathematics: Fulfilled by calculus
- Quantitative/Symbolic Reasoning [QSR]: Fulfilled by statistics
- Writing: 15 credits, which must include English composition and advanced composition. Students still requiring 5 additional credits upon admissions may complete this requirement with BBUS 307.
- Visual, Literary, and Performing Arts (Humanities) [VLPA]: 15 credits
- Individuals and Societies (Social Science) [I&S]: 20 credits and must include
- Business law
- One additional course (i.e., psychology, sociology, or anthropology)
- Natural World (Natural Science) [NW]: 15 credits and must include
- Two additional courses (i.e., biology or chemistry)
- Electives: to complete 90 transferable credits
Please submit all materials to the UW Bothell Admissions Office. The following items should be submitted by the application deadline:
1. Application Form
a. Transfer, International and Returning students complete one application to both UW Bothell and the School of Business.
b. Current Bothell students submit an internal application online please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to application process.
- Internal Application to the Bothell campus and the Eastside Leadership Center in Bellevue.
- The online application login requires all students to use their UW email address.
2. Unofficial Transcripts
Provide one unofficial transcript from each college or university you have attended with your application.
Until further notice, the UW Bothell School of Business will use three pathways for writing assessment admissions requirement:
This only applies to UW Bothell School of Business applicants. Please check the website for UW Tacoma and UW Seattle admissions requirements.
4. Personal Statement
A written personal statement is required with your application. It is used by the UW Bothell School of Business Admissions Committee to assess applicants. When writing the statement, applicants should refer to the How to Apply section for specific instructions.
Prepare a resume (maximum one page in length) that includes education, employment, volunteer/extracurricular activities, and interests. Submit with application.