SFAC Meeting Notes

Annual Budget 2018-2019

2018

  • November 2, 2018: SFAC discussed long-term reserves, which have been building over the last three years. More information is available in the November 2, 2018 meeting notes.
  • October 5, 2018: SFAC reviewed the 2018-2019 budget and discussed summer 2018 fee collection. More information is available in the October 5, 2018 meeting notes.
  • May 4, 2018: SFAC reviewed budget information (see Custodial and Fitness Center sections below) and voted to recommend the 2018-2019 annual budget to the President and Chancellor. More information is available in the May 4, 2018 meeting notes.
  • March 9, 2018: SFAC discussed the misc. budget for the next academic year, including funds for check out supplies and utensils. More information is available in the March 9, 2019 meeting notes.

2017

  • November 3, 2017: SFAC Advisory began initial conversations about next year's budget. Student fee revenue is expected to remain the same, but we already have indications that expenses may increase (particularly Facility Services' rates). More information is available in the November 3, 2017 meeting notes.

Annual Budget 2017-2018

2018

  • January 5, 2018: SFAC reviewed Fall 2017 fee collections; final numbers are being verified, but initial information indicates a slight increase in fee collection, compared to Fall 2016. SFAC will review information for a mid-year budget report at their February meeting. More information is available in the February 5, 2018 meeting notes.

2017

  • October 6, 2017: SFAC reviewed this year's annual budget, in preparation for building a budget for next year. More information can be found in the October 6, 2017 meeting notes.
  • June 2, 2017: Cascadia has revised student fee revenue projections, and is projecting to collect an additional $67,000 in student fees than what was used to build the ARC budget for next year. Because much of the budget work has already been completed, SFAC decided to add these additional funds to contingency fund allocations for next year. More information can be found in the June 2, 2017 meeting notes.
  • May 19, 2017: Operations group discussed one-time projects that could be done over the summer. This included Fusion Sandbox/test instance, Gaming alcove touch-screen, and additional wall calendars. More information in the May 19, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 7, 2017: The SFAC Advisory Group reviewed the components of the 2017-2018 budget, to ensure that next year’s budget meets the short- and long-term needs of the ARC. At this meeting, the students voted on a recommended budget to send to the President and Chancellor in June. More information, including budget details, can be found in the April 7, 2017 meeting notes.
  • March 3, 2017: The SFAC Advisory Group reviewed projected student fee collection for the next year. Anticipated increase in collection of about $85,000. The Operations Group has recommended that funds for next year be allocated to cover additional cleaning; utilities allocation be decreased to better match previous spending; additional money for contingency fund. Advisory Group could vote on a proposed budget next meeting. More information can be found in the March 3, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 23, 2017: The Operations group is recommending that some of the contingency fund allocation for next year be devoted to one-time projects. More information is available in the February 23, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 10, 2017: The Operations group discussed custodial/maintenance levels and miscellaneous operating expenses for next year. More information is available in the February 10, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 3, 2017: The SFAC Advisory Group reviewed current levels of maintenance and custodial coverage. Also reviewed the Operations Group recommendation to keep fitness center hours and supplies/materials the same, but adjust for increase in student minimum wage (about $600 for the year). These factors can be incorporated into annual proposed budget building the Advisory Group will do. More information is available in the February 3, 2017 meeting notes.

Annual Budget 2016-2017

2017

  • May 5, 2017: Reviewed current fiscal year budget. Budget is on track. Some areas that are underutilized have already been adjusted for the proposed budget for next year. More information available in the May 5, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 7, 2017: Winter 2017 revenue collection is on track and we are likely to bring in more student fee dollars than initially projected for the year. More information available in the April 7, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 6, 2017: Reviewed current fiscal year fee collection and expenditures to date. There will be some salary savings due to unfilled staff positions and student fee revenue is on track to meet or exceed projections for the year. More information can be found in the January 6, 2017 meeting notes.

2016

  • December 2, 2016:  Bothell SAF proposals are due in January. SFAC decided that SAF funds should again be requested for half of the coverage of the fitness center front desk, since it also supports UW Bothell-only amenities. The Advisory Group reviewed the Operations Group’s recommendation for building hours. Building hours effect the amount of coverage needed for all desks/positions. Budget for front desk coverage will increase next year because of minimum wage increase. SFAC decide to approve hours as proposed by the Operations Group. Fall quarter student fee collections are up, compared to projections. Cascadia data still forthcoming, can be reviewed in future meetings. More information is available in the December 2, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 7, 2016: The 2016-2017 ARC Operating Budget was approved by the President and chancellor. SFAC is required to send a budget update to them mid-year. More information is available in the October 7, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 6, 2016: SFAC discussed the 16-17 operating budget and adjusted for new enrollment projections. Budget approved; next step is to send to President and Chancellor. More information is available in the May 6, 2016 meeting notes.
  • April 22, 2016: SFAC continued to review operating budget for the following academic year, including impact of UW minimum wage increase, fitness classes, operations crew, telecom costs, marketing, and professional development/one-time start up costs for professional staff. More information is available in the April 22, 2016 meeting notes.
  • April 8, 2016: SFAC reviewed updated projections for fee collections for next year, as well as preventative maintenance, window cleaning, post-construction cleaning, cash flow, student and professional staff. More information is available in the April 8, 2016 meeting notes.
  • February 5, 2016: SFAC reviewed cash flow for the next academic year and discussed additional professional staff (Assistant Director and Technology person). More information is available in the February 5, 2016 meeting notes.

Annual Budget 2015-2016

2016

  • October 7, 2016: SFAC reviewed projected vs. actual fee collection for Spring 2016 and Summer 2016. Will be reviewing this each quarter as information becomes available. More information is available in the October 7, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 20, 2016: Space Planning and Capital Projects gave an update on construction costs. More information is available in the May 20, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 13, 2016: SFAC reviewed custodial costs. Because of hiring freeze at UW Bothell, new custodial staff were not hired this year. “One-time new employee” costs may need to come out of next year’s budget. More information is available in the May 13, 2016 meeting notes.

2015

  • December 4, 2015: SFAC discussed next year’s budget, including custodial levels. More information is available in the December 4, 2015 meeting notes.
  • October 23, 2015: SFAC voted to use contingency funds to off-set additional cost of UW Bothell minimum wage. More information is available in the October 23, 2015 meeting notes.
  • October 2, 2015: UW Bothell announced student wage minimums are set to increase in January. SFAC discussed options to accommodate this increase. More information is available in the October 2, 2015 meeting notes.
  • August 19, 2015: SFAC reviewed maintenance agreement, with comments from Facility Services, and decided to approve agreement as presented. More information is available in the August 19, 2015 meeting notes.

ARC 120

2018

  • May 18, 2018: SFAC's advisory group called a special meeting to discuss the Health & Wellness Resource Center and if ARC-120 should be the location for the pilot program for next year. SFAC felt this was the best location for this project and unanimously agreed to recommend ARC-120 to the Cascadia President and UW Bothell Chancellor for space re-allocation. More information is available in the May 18, 2018 meeting notes.
  • May 4, 2018: Cascadia has removed their proposal for ARC-120 to be the location of the new Food Pantry. The CSG and ASUWB president met to discuss suggestions to bring to SFAC. Both are very supportive of a wellness/health resource center. This is currently being proposed to UW Bothell SAF. This would be a pilot program / first phase towards more robust health options on campus. SFAC representatives requested to get feedback from constituents. Special meeting called for later in the month to discuss further. More information is available in the May 4, 2018 meeting notes.

2017

  • December 8, 2017: SFAC Advisory Group met and created a pro/con list for both ARC-120 proposals. At the end of the meeting, a vote was taken and the proposal for the Food Pantry was selected. Next steps are to request funding from CC and UWB. No changes to existing space/program before July 1, 2018. More information is available in the December 8, 2018 meeting notes.

  • December 1, 2017: SFAC (both Advisory and Operations) discussed the two proposals and presentations from the previous meeting. Additional deliberations were requested. A meeting will be scheduled for the following week. More information is available in the December 1, 2017 meeting notes.

  • November 17, 2017: SFAC heard presentations regarding the two proposals that were received. More information is available in the November 17, 2017 meeting notes.

  • October 13, 2017: SFAC Operations reviewed draft proposal form, and made suggestions. Deadline set for Thursday, November 9th so that hearings could happen November 17. More information is avialable in the October 13, 2017 meeting notes.

  • October 6, 2017: SFAC Advisory reviewed timeline for proposal process for ARC-120 and selected timeline that allowed more input from Operations group and extended the length of time that applications would be open. Decisions will need to be made by end of fall quarter, so budget proposals can be submitted in January. More information is available in the October 6, 2017 meeting notes.

  • September 29, 2017: SFAC continued discussing the ARC-120 space. Decisions will need to be made before end of fall quarter. The two SFAC groups (Operations and Advisory) may need to work together to complete this process. More information is available in the September 29, 2017 meeting notes.

  • June 2 , 2017: The ARC Community Resource Center has been a joint Cascadia and UW Bothell funded program for the last two years. Funding from UW Bothell was allocated for next year. Funding from Cascadia was not allocated for next year. SFAC was the group that allocated space for this program initially. With joint-funding uncertainties, SFAC decided to keep the ACRC the same until SFAC can create a proposal process and review requests for space usage, no later than end of Fall 2017. More information can be found in the June 2, 2017 meeting notes.

  • May 5, 2017: Joint funding for the ACRC is uncertain. SFAC will need to decide what factors to consider when allocating space, if and when this space (or other spaces in the building) need to shift/change/evolve. Initial brainstorm of factors include: is the resource accessible to all students/how will it support students from both institutions, is it welcoming and inclusive, is this duplicating existing resources, what is the benefit, what is the risk if we don’t have this resource, what is the risk of changing what is currently happening, how to get feedback and input from students who are affected, is there a budget impact, and where will funding come from/long-term funding plan. More information is in the May 5, 2017 meeting notes.

2015

  • May 29, 2015: Students on SFAC voted to approve use of ARC-120 as presented. More information is available in the May 29, 2015 meeting notes.
  • May 22, 2015: Student Engagement & Activities and Cascadia Student Life made a presentation to SFAC on use of the ARC-120 space. The proposal would have this space provide drop in resources, student touchdown/project space, social justice/diversity related student programs. This space would have oversight by SEA professional staff. More information available in the May 22, 2015 meeting notes.

ARC Phase II

2018

  • November 2, 2018: SFAC discussed what information they would want to get out of a campus survey: what students feel they are missing from their college experience, what would make it easier to be a student on campus, what would make students stay on campus longer/what keeps students on campus. More information is available in the November 2 , 2018 meeting notes.
  • October 5, 2018: SFAC discussed ARC Phase II and the potential to conduct surveys, focus groups, and/or open forums to see if it was the right time to move forward with a feasibility study. More information is available in the October 5, 2018 meeting notes.
  • January 5, 2018: SFAC Advisory discussed ARC Phase II. A SAF request for funds for a feasability study will need to be requested again. SFAC reviewed draft application materials for the SAF request. More information is available in the January 5, 2018 meeting notes.

2017

  • June 2, 2017: Amy Van Dyke, Director of Physical Planning and Space Management at UW Bothell came in to discuss with SFAC how ARC Phase I was financed, finance options for ARC Phase II, considerations for feasibility study, and work that may need to be accomplished over the summer so that the campus community can engage in a discussion about ARC Phase II in the fall. Money for a feasibility study has been allocated for next year from both Cascadia and UW Bothell S&A/SAF fees. More information can be found in the June 2, 2017 meeting notes.
  • May 5, 2017: There is a need for a group to get together over summer to do work on the ARC Phase II project. SFAC decided that this summer working group should be comprised of 1 UWB representative from ASUWB or Student Engagement & Activities, 1 Cascadia representative from CSG or Cascadia Student Life, 1 additional representative from the ARC or Recreation & Wellness, and the directors in the building. Additional support staff/guests should be included as needed. More information can be found in the May 5, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 28, 2017: The Operations Group discussed the involvement of SFAC to do summer work to prepare for next year. They wanted students to be a part of the discussions over the summer. More information available on the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 7, 2017: SFAC will need to make a determination of how much work can happen over the summer and what their involvement should be. SFAC will need to make a decision at their May meeting. More information can be found on the April 7, 2017 meeting notes.

Building Hours 2019-2020

  • October 26, 2018: SFAC continued to look at usage data (breaks, summer from previous academic year) and discussing potential changes to building hours for next academic year. More information is available in the October 26, 2018 meeting notes.
  • October 19, 2018: SFAC Operations began discussing building hours for next academic year, including a review of building usage during the academic year last year (fitness center, floors one and two). More information is available in the October 19, 2018 meeting notes.

Building Hours 2018-2019

  • December 1, 2017: SFAC Advisory reviewed the recommendations from the Operations group and approved building hours for next year. More information is available in the December 1, 2017 meeting notes.
  • November 17, 2017: The Opeartions Group reviewed building hour options for next year and will recommend that the Fitness Center opens at 7am next year (rest of building opens at 8am) and that the building closes on Sundays during breaks. More information is available in the November 17 meeting notes.
  • October 27, 2017: SFAC continued discussion around building hours, looking specifically at breaks and summer hours. Some conversation that the building could be closed on Sundays during breaks, given low usage in the past. More information is available in the October 27, 2017 meeting notes.
  • October 13, 2017: SFAC began conversations around building hours for the 2018-2019 academic year and examined previous year's head count data. Some conversation that the fitness center could open one-hour earlier than the rest of the building, to allow more time for students to work out before morning classes. More information is available in the October 13, 2017 meeting notes.

Building Hours 2017-2018

2017

  • October 13, 2017: SFAC Operations needs to make a recommendation to Advisory group on building hours for next year by November. This gives Recreation & Wellness enough time to submit request to SAF for half of the desk coverage in the fitness center. To make an informed decision, SFAC looked at headcount data from the previous year. Some consideration to open the fitness center earlier (back to 7am instead of 8am). More information is available in the October 13, 2017 meeting notes.
  • September 29, 2017: SFAC discussed the new building hours, including how the 8am start interacts with students’ schedules who commute early or have morning classes. SFAC will discuss building hours in future meetings. Hours should be listed prominently on the ARC websites. More information can be found in the September 29, 2017 meeting notes.
  • September 29, 2017: SFAC discussed the new building hours, including how the 8am start interacts with students’ schedules who commute early or have morning classes. SFAC will discuss building hours in future meetings. Hours should be listed prominently on the ARC websites. More information can be found in the September 29, 2017 meeting notes.

2016

  • December 2, 2016: Bothell SAF proposals are due in January. SFAC decided that SAF funds should again be requested for half of the coverage of the fitness center front desk, since it also supports UW Bothell-only amenities. The Advisory Group reviewed the Operations Group’s recommendation for building hours. Building hours effect the amount of coverage needed for all desks/positions. Budget for front desk coverage will increase next year because of minimum wage increase. SFAC decide to approve hours as proposed by the Operations Group. More information is available on the December 2, 2016 meeting notes.
  • November 4, 2016: The Operations Group continued to review building hours, including looking at headcount data previous collected. SFAC also considered the increased in staffing costs, effective January 1. Students liked the idea of not opening before 8pm, closing for two weeks in the summer/breaks, and reducing fitness center hours on the weekends. These recommendations were voted on by the Operations group and will go the Advisory Group for consideration as they build next year’s budget. More information is available in the November 4, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 21, 2016: The Operations Group discussed building hours for next year, and considered previous usage of the building. Usage on Friday continues to be lower than Monday-Thursday. Saturday/Sunday usage lower than Friday. Students brainstormed several ideas for tweaking building hours: opening later in the morning, closing one hour earlier, closing for a couple weeks for training/maintenance, adjusting weekend hours. SFAC not ready to make decisions, will be on a future SFAC meeting. More information available in the October 21, 2016 meeting notes.

Building Hours 2016-2017

  • March 4, 2016: SFAC reviewed survey data and concluded that weekend usage is likely not to increase unless there were more events/activities, food options, and free parking on the weekend. SFAC also reviewed from how far away students are typically traveling to campus. SFAC decided that for the 2016-2017 academic year, only the fitness center will be open on the weekends. Friday, the ARC will close a few hours earlier (compared to Monday-Thursday). More information is available in the March 4th 2016 meeting notes.
  • February 12, 2016: SFAC discussed usage data for the ARC, in preparation to making any adjustments to building hours in the next fiscal year. SFAC will need to make decisions soon, so that the annual budget can be finalized. More information is available in the February 12, 2016 meeting notes.
  • January 8, 2016: SFAC discussed the possibility of closing the first and second floor on the weekends. For student groups wanting to host events on the weekend, SFAC decided this could happen, at the discretion of the ARC Director, and at a charge of $40/hour. More information is available in the January 8, 2016 meeting notes.
  • December 11, 2015: SFAC continued to discuss building hours for next year, but wanted to see more options. More information is available in the December 11, 2015 meeting notes.

Building Hours 2015-2016

  • August 19, 2015: SFAC considered a proposal to keep the ARC open until 1am. There was interest in balancing being open late for students-at-large with the practicality of having students staff a building very late and have to commute home on public transportation/be in class early the next morning. SFAC decided to keep building hours as previously discussed (closing at midnight). More information is available in the August 19, 2015 meeting notes.
  • June 5, 2015: SFAC made decision on building hours they would open with. During the academic year, the building will be open 7am to midnight (Monday-Friday), 10am to 5pm (Saturday), and noon to 8pm (Sunday). The fitness center to close one hour before these times to allow time for cleaning/showering before building closes. More information is available in the June 5, 2015 meeting notes.
  • May 29, 2015: After loan payments/utilities/facilities costs are budgeted for, SFAC decided to put 1/3 or remaining cashflow into reserve and use 2/3 to fund building operations (student and professional staff, fitness center, etc.). More information is available in the May 29, 2015 meeting notes.

Class / Temporary / Other Projects

  • November 17, 2017: SFAC heard a presentation on Peach, a food delivery services. ASUWB is working to bring this to campus. Pilot will be in the Commons. If successful, may ask SFAC to consider a location in the ARC for this in the future. More information is available in the November 17, 2017 meeting notes.
  • October 13, 2017: SFAC Operations reviewed a request for newsstands in the ARC for UW Bothell's Husky Harrold newspaper. Use of space approved. More information available in the October 13, 2017 meeting notes.
  • May 19, 2017: A group of students asked to use the ARC for a mobile app and art installation. This would have an interactive display that would let users record experiences with street harassment. This would be a one-day installation and would not need A/V support. SFAC liked the idea and approved use of the first floor lobby for this. More information in the March 19, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 28, 2017: The HERO’s are working on their green light program, as discussed at previous SFAC meetings. This should be up by the second week of May around the ARC. More information in the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 28, 2017: The HERO’s would like to add a “failure wall” to the ARC. This has been done at UW Seattle before, and it is so students can add their stories of how they have failed – but gotten through things. SFAC decided to allow this installation. More information in the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 21, 2017: The HERO’s proposed putting up green lights for mental health awareness week. There would also be signage with information. SFAC decided to approve this request and have the Director of the ARC work with student leaders to implement. More information in the April 21, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 27, 2017: A student has requested to use the ARC lobby to table for a class project. The Operations Group discussed and approved. More information is available in the January 27, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 20, 2017: The UW Bothell sustainability office suspended trash pick up in the ARC without talking with anyone in the building. This is part of a class project. Students on the Operations group voted to allow this class project to continued, but brainstormed considerations (including prior coordination and scheduling alternate trash removals). More information available in the January 20, 2017 meeting notes.
  • May 27, 2016: A student asked to use the ARC 2nd Floor Overlook to test out a quad-copter built as part of a class. SFAC approved the use of the space, so long as the device is kept under 12 feet and safety-related signage is displayed. More information is available in the May 27, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 20, 2016: A student asked to use the ARC 2nd Floor Overlook to test out a quad-copter. SFAC felt like they didn’t have enough information. Wanted to get more information and discuss next week. More information is available in the May 20, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 6, 2016: HERO’s would like to pilot a program that would have sexual health supplies in the ARC restrooms. SFAC discussed and decided to pilot in all bathrooms. More information in the May 6, 2016 meeting notes.
  • February 5, 2016: A group of UW Bothell students requested to use space in the ARC for a class project that involves an interactive plant display. SFAC approved use of the first floor lobby for this project. More information is available in the February 5, 2016 meeting notes.

Custodial & maintenance coverage

  • May 4, 2018: SFAC had a final discussion on Facility rates, in preparation for recommending an operating budget for next year. More information is available in the May 4, 2018 meeting notes.
  • March 2, 2018: Facilities Services made a presentation to SFAC outlining the increases in custodial and maintenance costs. Costs will increase across the board and will continue to increase each year. SFAC discussed impact to the ARC. More information available in the ##LINKTEXT##March 2, 2018 meeting notes.
  • January 5, 2018: Facility Services has indicated that they are significantly raising their rates for both Custodial and Maintenance for next year. SFAC discussed and brainstormed next steps: inviting UW Bothell leadership to a future SFAC meeting and gathering additional information about custodial options. More information is available in the January 5, 2018 meeting notes.
  • February 23, 2017: Operations Group reviewed custodial coverage for next year. The consensus was that current levels were about right for the building. About 10% of time is spent on trash collection. Only a small amount of unallocated hours each years. Operations group is recommending to Advisory Group that money is found to add additional money for trash pick up and event-related cleaning.
  • February 10, 2017: In preparation for building next year’s budget, the Operations Group considered custodial and maintenance coverage for next year. The group felt that the building appears clean and in good repair now. Wanted to look into how much is spent on trash pick ups throughout the day. More information is available in the February 10, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 3, 2017: Advisory Group reviewed current custodial coverage, in preparation for the Operation’s Group recommendation for custodial levels for next year. Custodial service is measured in APPA Levels 1-5 (1 being “museum” quality spotless and 5 being very unclean). Currently, ARC is APPA 2/3 combo; with more cleaning in the lower level due to fitness center/showers. Students felt that for the most part, the ARC feels clean. Front Desk have started wiping down more surfaces more regularly to keep up with increased usage. More information available in the February 3, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 20, 2017: Introduction to custodial and maintenance coverage, in preparation for conversations later this quarter. More information in the January 20, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 1, 2016: In preparation for completing an annual budget, SFAC reviewed current custodial and maintenance levels. The general censuses was that current levels are appropriate. SFAC will build into annual budget for next year. More information is available in the April 1, 2016 meeting notes.
  • January 15, 2016: SFAC discussed custodial levels. Per Tony in UW Bothell Facilities, Facilities Services will honor price quoted in original proposal for year 2 of the ARC. More information is available in the January 15, 2016 meeting notes.
  • August 19, 2015: SFAC reviewed maintenance agreement, with comments from Facility Services, and decided to approve agreement as presented. More information is available in the August 19, 2015 meeting notes.
  • August 12, 2015: Information on Custodial levels was shared; currently expecting 52 hours of coverage a week. Students would like an existing custodian, if possible. More information is available in the August 12, 2015 meeting notes.
  • June 24, 2015: SFAC discussed facilities agreement for custodial and maintenance. More information to follow regarding an APPA 2/3 combo (with the lower level getting more cleaning hours, given higher use area). More information is available in the June 24, 2015 meeting notes.

Event Policies 2018-2019

  • May 4, 2018: SFAC's advisory group reviewed the recommended cancellation and rain back up policies from their operations group counterparts, and recommended the rate proposed. More information is available in the May 4, 2018 meeting notes.
  • April 27, 2018: SFAC finalized and voted on recommendations for event cancellation and rain back up policies for the ARC. More information is avialable in the April 27, 2018 meeting notes.
  • April 20, 2018: SFAC discussed event cancellation and rain back up policies for the event space. More information is available in the April 20, 2018 meeting notes.
  • March 30, 2018: SFAC continued discussion on Club Hold Dates and wanted to push back timeline for decision to allow for more discussion and outreach. More information is available in the March 30, 2018 meeting notes.
  • March 9, 2018: SFAC reviewed usage of this year's Club Hold Dates and discussed potential dates for next year. More information is available in the March 9, 2018 meeting notes.
  • October 20, 2017: SFAC Operations Group began discussing additional event policies, including cancelation fees. Currently, only looking at cancelation fees for groups that pay reservation fees (ie internal, but not student groups). More information in the October 20, 2017 meeting notes.

Event Policies 2017-2018

  • May 5, 2017: The Advisory Group of SFAC reviewed and approved the Operations Group’s recommendation to adjust event policies and pricing. Organizations who have received student programming dollars (typically student clubs and organizations) can still host free events in the ARC. Other Cascadia and UW-Bothell affiliated groups will need to pay 50% of the external event rate. SFAC recommends reaching out to groups affected by these changes and to review rates towards the end of next year. More information on event policies and pricing can be found in the May 5, 2017 meeting notes.
  • March 31, 2017: Use of ARC meeting rooms for events were discussed. Currently only reservable for student clubs and organizations. SFAC wanted to keep these groups as priorities for the meeting rooms. Other groups can use the meeting rooms if the space is vacant day of the event, but should not be reserved in advance. More information is available in the March 31, 2017 meeting notes.
  • March 10, 2017: The Operations Group reviewed Advisory Group recommendation to hold some specific dates for clubs. Clubs wouldn’t be limited to just these days, we would just hold them back for clubs. Operations group concurred with suggestion and approved and recommendation on event policies for 2017-2018 to send back to Advisory Group. These event policies would still give groups who have received SAF/S&A programming dollars first-pick of dates for next year. It would also charge non-SAF/S&A funded UW Bothell/Cascadia groups a portion of what external groups are charged. Operations Group picked ten dates each quarter to hold back for club events. More information is available in the March 10, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 23, 2017: The Operations Group has not received additional feedback on potential event policy changes. Wanted additional time to consider. Tabled for a future meeting. More information is available in the February 23, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 10, 2017: The Operations Group discussed the current event policies. Current policies can be hard to understand and execute. The group looked at a variety of options and will need further discussion before making decisions. More information in the February 10, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 27, 2017: A representative from UW Bothell Admissions came to the Operations Group meeting to discuss ARC’s event policies. Current policies have been challenging; who the audience is changes when you can confirm you have space, how much it will cost you, etc. The Operations Group (and Advisory Group if it has a budget impact) need to further discuss event policies before the 2017-2018 event reservation cycle starts. More information is available in the January 27, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 20: Introduction to current event policies. Any changes will need to be made prior to a call going out to student groups to reserve for next year (typically in spring quarter). More information in the January 20, 2017 meeting notes.

Event policies 2016-2017

  • October 14, 2016: Recently there were a number of events that canceled last minute. Currently there is no cancelation fee. We may turn away events that we could have hosted, if we had known about the cancelation sooner. ARC professional staff will work on communication with sponsoring groups. Not currently implementing a cancelation fee. More information in the October 14, 2016 meeting notes.
  • June 3, 2016: SFAC reviewed request for School of Education to host an RSVP-only reception that would only be open to a subset of the student body. The event coordinator would like the entire space, but previously SFAC had given direction that events such as these should only use half of the space. SFAC voted to confirm reservation for the whole space if space was still available on September 1st. For a similar event later in fall quarter, the space is already reserved and the request has been denied. More information in the June 3, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 20, 2016: SFAC discussed external event rates and weekend use. For event rates, SFAC compared NCEC and Mobius event rates and then set rates for the ARC. For weekend events: now that the first and second floor will be closed on the weekends, SFAC decided external events could be hosted on the weekends (previously, external events were limited to summer/breaks only). More information is available in the May 20, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 13, 2016: SFAC discussed external event rates and weekend use. Would like additional time to think about this, gather input. Will be put on a future meeting agenda. SFAC also discussed how complicated current event policies are to understand. For student groups, it seems straightforward; for all other groups it’s much more complicated. More information in the May 13, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 6, 2016: SFAC discussed a UW Bothell honors event, that would be RSVP only. Students wanted to look into alternate space availability. More information in the May 6, 2016 meeting notes.
  • April 1, 2016: SFAC reviewed draft event policy language and approved. New language places more restrictions on groups who are only programming for a small sub-set of the student population: SFAC must confirm reservations, only using half of the event space, not reserving until a week before the quarter starts. More information is available in the April 1, 2016 meeting notes.
  • March 11, 2016: SFAC discussed current event policies, including faculty wanting to use event space for classes instead of events. SFAC discussed and would prefer for priority to be open all-campus events. Large “poster-session” type events might be a better fit, because the goal is to have the larger student community come together to discuss students’ research. SFAC also discussed summer events and felt that summer external events could be confirmed farther out, as there is less impact to students in the summer. Formal policy changes can be discussed at future meetings. More information is available in the March 11, 2016 meeting minutes.
  • March 4, 2016: Mobius and NCEC are starting to book for next academic year. Any changes to event policies should likely be made soon, so that the ARC’s reservation timeline can align with other large event spaces on campus. More discussion is needed in future meetings. More information is available in the March 11, 2016 meeting minutes.
  • January 15, 2016: SFAC discussed current event policies. Strong sentiment that student events should still be free to programming groups, but SFAC struggled with how to set policies so that the ARC is not taken advantage of with events that are not really for students. Student surveying may be needed. SFAC also discussed external event rates. More information is available in the January 15, 2016 meeting notes.
  • January 8, 2016: SFAC discussed external event rates. Students wanted to gather additional feedback from their respective groups. Will be discussed more in future meetings. SFAC discussed the possibility of closing the first and second floor on the weekends. For student groups wanting to host events on the weekend, SFAC decided this could happen, at the discretion of the ARC Director, and at a charge of $40/hour. More information is available in the January 8, 2016 meeting notes.
  • December 11, 2015: SFAC discussed current event policies and how it impacts students during finals as well as the balance between student-initiated events and events that staff/faculty sponsor. More information is available in the December 11, 2015 meeting notes.
  • November 13, 2015: SFAC discussed last-minute events or event-revisions; and whether policy adjustments are needed. More information is available in the November 13, 2015 meeting notes.

Event Policies 2015-2016

  • August 25, 2015: SFAC reviewed the ARC’s event form. This form will be used to collect information on events (furniture needs, A/V needs, etc.). More information is available in the August 25, 2015 meeting notes.
  • June 24, 2015: SFAC discussed co-sponsorship in the building. “Co-sponsorship” has been used in other event spaces on campus to circumvent event policy/pricing. Some student groups already have forms/documents that help provide guidance on co-sponsorship opportunities. More information is available in the June 24, 2015 meeting notes.
  • June 12, 2015: SFAC voted on initial event policies. Groups who have received student-fee programming dollars to be given first priority in the space and no reservation fee. Second priority shall be given to those events whose primary audience is the greater Cascadia and/or UW Bothell student body. Third priority shall be given to those events whose primary audience is a sub-set of the student body or staff/faculty (these events will be confirmed one week before the quarter starts and event fees may apply). Last priority will be given to events whose primary audience is community member (during breaks/summer only). More information is available in the June 12, 2015 meeting notes.
  • June 5, 2015: Students continued to discuss event policies and how to make sure student events were prioritized, while still allowing for some other events to happen. More discussion is needed. More information in the June 5, 2015 meeting notes.

External Tabling

  • May 19, 2017: SFAC followed up on previous conversations around which external group (if any) should be allowed to use the ARC to host information tables. There are some guidelines already in place that say the ARC cannot be used for personal gain. Students were surveyed, only received about 50 responses. SFAC liked the idea of limiting tabling to things with an educational purpose, but had trouble defining this term. No decision was made and will need to be addressed at future meetings. More information is available in the May 19, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 28, 2017: SFAC would like to conduct a survey of students who use the ARC to see how they would feel about external groups tabling in the ARC. More information is available in the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 21, 2017: There have been more requests lately for external groups to use the ARC for tabling. This is not currently allowed. SFAC discussed if it should be. Some student did not want the ARC used for political purposes/signature collection, based on their previous experience with this on campus. Some would prefer only career recruiting. SFAC found this topic difficult, as it’s hard to come up with a blanket rule that would serve the ARC best in all situations. SFAC agreed to continue to explore this topic in future meetings. More information is available in the April 21, 2017 meeting notes.

Financial Code

  • February 3, 2017: The Advisory Group reviewed and approved the financial code that they had been drafting this year. Updates from last time included information on quorum, changing “SAC” to “ARC” when possible, and a few grammatical updates. More information can be found in the February 3, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 6, 2017: UW Bothell and Cascadia student fee financial codes were reviewed to put together a draft ARC financial code. SFAC discussed adding information on fee collection and voting information. A new version will be brought back to SFAC in February for further review. More information can be found in the January 6, 2017 meeting notes.
  • December 2, 216: SFAC clarified role of the ARC Director and spending authority for contingency funds. Recommended that Director can be empowered to use contingency funds if a project is projected to be less than $5,000. For long-term funds, SFAC should approve projects. More information is available in the December 2, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 28, 2016: As part of developing the ARC financial code, SFAC discussed how contingency funds should be spent. SFAC discussed different options, trying to balance the need for SFAC to be kept in the loop and the ability to spend when the needs arise. More information is available in the October 28, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 7, 2016: UW internal audit has said that the ARC may undergo an internal audit in the near future. In preparation, SFAC may need to draft guiding documents, such as a financial code. More information is available in the October 7, 2016 meeting notes.

First floor front desk

  • April 28, 2017: Materials for the school supply bin have been ordered and staff are putting together signage; this will be available at the first floor information desks within the week. More information is available in the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 14, 2017: The Operations Group talked about what non-disposable items they could have at the front desk for students to use for last-minute school supplies. The group decided they wanted to have 3 hole punch, stapler, scissors, ruler, and scotch tape.
  • April 7, 2017: The ARC currently offers a variety of disposable goods that students can access: erasers, white board cleaners, dry erase markers, cutlery, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, pads/tampons, Kleenex; and additional items that are not “disposable” but we go through a lot of: pens, phone chargers, staples, towels in the fitness center. Cannot afford to give away everything purchased with the ARC operating budget, but could add some additional non-disposable school supplies at the front desk. More information available in the April 7, 2017 meeting notes.
  • December 2, 2016: Cell phone chargers are being checked out and not always coming back. Right now using a paper system, since Fusion is not up and running. More information available in the December 2, 2016 meeting notes.

Fitness Center

  • October 26, 2018: SFAC Operations discussed bath towels in the Fitness Center. While this amenity would be helpful for students, there are challenges with implementing. Larger towels are more expensive and we are already loosing hand towels at a high rate. We would need to check out and track towels. Washer/Dryer are already running close to full capacity with the current laundry demands. Industrial washer and dryers may be needed, which would require renovations. More information is available in the October 26, 2018 meeting notes.
  • May 11, 2018: SFAC operations reviewed fitness center related policies. More information is available in the May 11, 2018 meeting notes.
  • February 23, 2018: SFAC continued their discussion on Fitness Center funding. More information can be found in the February 23, 2018 meeting notes.
  • February 13, 2018: SFAC operations discussed what funding would be needed to maintain current levels of service for next year. More information can be found in the February 13, 2018 meeting notes.
  • October 20, 2017: SFAC continued discussion on memberships. This conversation centered around guest passes. Current cost is $8/pass. Operations group voted to recommend this be lowered to $5/pass. Next step is for Advisory group to approve, since this has a budget impact. More information is available in the October 20, 2017 meeting notes.
  • September 29, 2017: SFAC began discussing memberships. Topic may warrant further discussion at future meetings. More information can be found in the September 29, 2017 meeting notes.
  • May 19, 2017: Recreation and Wellness created draft Fitness Center policies. Top priority is identify safety parameters. Members on SFAC were encouraged to email Jama’l Chukueke with feedback. More information is available in the May 19, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 23, 2017: Recreation and Wellness is targeting the first day of spring quarter to “go live” with Fusion software for check in at the fitness center. More information is available in the February 23, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 10, 2017: The Operations Group discussed usage of the ARC studio. When the space is reserved by a group that is small (two or three people) it means that a larger number of students can’t use the space (those wanting to stretch, use free weights, etc.) The Operations Group considered several options, including not to make changes, change reservation policies, and blocking out busy times. The group decided to block out the busiest times of the day for open recreation. Students can reserve the space for individual groups at other times. More information is available in the February 10, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 3, 2017: Advisory group reviewed Operations Group proposal to keep hours and supplies/materials the same next year, but adjust for increase in minimum wage. There is also a plan to run a yoga certification course, which will be have community members subsidize the cost for students to attend. More information can be found in the February 3, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 27, 2017: Use of the ARC studio has been flagged as a discussion topic. The Operations Group will discuss at a future meeting. More information in the January 27, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 20, 2017: The Operations Group continued discussion on fitness center check-in policy and the proposal to remove the requirement to have campus ID to use the fitness center. Students decided to have students with no ID card show an alternate photo ID to gain access. They may also need to show current class schedule/sign waiver until Fusion is implemented. More information in the January 20, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 20, 2017: The Operations Group discussed the fitness center operating budget for next fiscal year. The Operations Group is recommending that maintenance/equipment be kept the same. Also recommending for fitness instructors hours to remain the same, but budget allocation will need to increase to accommodate increase in minimum wage. More information in the January 20, 2017 meeting notes.
  • November 18, 2016: The Operations group discussed the fitness center check in process. Some students were still waiting on feedback from other students. Check In process has been made more difficult without Fusion (backend software system) implemented. This is on hold until Cascadia and UW Bothell have a data-sharing agreement. More information in the November 18, 2016 meeting notes.
  • November 4, 2016: A student came into the Operations Group to talk about fitness center check in process. Currently, students need to have their ID card to gain entry into the fitness center. If a student loses their ID card, they would need to get it replaced. Some students don’t want to pay the replacement fee. Could an alternative process be used? Could students show alternative form of ID’s, class schedule/registration, and sign a waiver instead? This could slow down process at the front desk, but would allow a way for students to use the fitness center without school ID. Could also lead to a situation where a student never gets a new ID card. Students wanted to bring this back to their groups/other students to get input before making decisions. More information available in the November 4, 2016 meeting notes.
  • June 3, 2016: SFAC discussed summer access to the Fitness Center and decided to allow access to fee-paying students enrolled in spring, summer courses, or who have already registered for fall quarter. More information is available in the June 3, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 23, 2015: SFAC discussed memberships for non-fee paying students. SFAC approved Option 2, as presented in previous meetings: non-fee paying students should be eligible to buy an ARC pass for $60/quarter and $8/day guest pass. More information is available in the October 23, 2015 meeting notes.
  • October 16, 2015: SFAC continued to discuss non-fee paying student membership. Still leaning towards Option 2, as presented last week, but did not have quorum to vote. More information is available in the October 16, 2015 meeting notes.
  • October 2, 2015: Both Cascadia and UW Bothell have students on campus that do not pay the ARC fee. These non-fee paying students may want access to ARC amenities (Fitness Center, first floor check out items, etc.). SFAC discussed non-fee paying students, considered options, and decided to collect additional feedback from students before making a decision. More information is available in the October 2, 2015 meeting notes.
  • June 12, 2015: SFAC discussed guest passes and voted to sell guest passes to members so they can bring non-members in. Guest passes are $8/day and guest would need to be accompanied at all times by current student. SFAC also voted to sell quarterly memberships to staff/faculty on campus. Director of Recreation & Wellness still working on pricing structure for staff/faculty members. SFAC voted to allow Director of Recreation & Wellness to set initial price (likely $60/quarter), but gave a range of $50-$111. More information is available in the June 12, 2015 meeting notes.
  • May 29, 2015: Prices and policies regarding memberships from other fitness centers in the area were shared. To start off with, not looking to include alumni, dependents, or community memberships, but there is interest in staff/faculty memberships and guest passes. More discussion regarding staff/faculty passes and guest passes need in future meetings. More information is available in the May 29, 2015 meeting notes.

Food for Thought

  • May 27, 2016: SFAC discussed what to do with equipment and furniture in Food for Thought. These were purchased with student dollars when students were paying for the lease on the space. Now that they are no longer renting the space, what to do with the items purchased for that space is unclear. SFAC was not able to come to any decisions at this meeting. More information is available in the May 27, 2016 meeting notes.
  • February 12, 2016: SFAC discussed the Food for Thought space, now that the 5 year lease is coming to an end. SFAC discussed a variety of factors for the future of this space, including the possibility of a food service vendor coming in to that space in the future. SFAC did not vote to renew funding for the lease of the space. SFAC recommends that the space still be available for student use/dining, but understand that since they no longer wish to pay for the space, they may not be able to dictate usage. More information is available in the February 12, 2016 meeting notes.
  • February 5, 2016: SFAC discussed usage of the Food for Thought space by clubs. This has been minimal (just a couple times) in the past few quarters. SFAC will need to make recommendations soon for what to do about the Food for Thought lease. More information is available in the February 5, 2015 meeting notes.
  • January 29, 2016: Chelsea Knoedel from UW Bothell Auxiliary Services discussed the Food for Thought lease. Students have paid for this lease for the last five years, to provide more amenities to students. Now that the ARC is open, SFAC will need to decide if this space is still needed. More information is available in the January 29, 2016 meeting notes.
  • January 15, 2016: SFAC continued to discuss the Food for Thought lease. Per Chelsea Knoedel, if students decide not to renew the lease, UW Bothell will assume the lease (will not go back to bookstore). SFAC is unsure of how programming is currently happening in this space and suggests that representatives go back to their respective groups to gather more input. More information is available in the January 15, 2016 meeting notes.
  • January 8. 2016: To give SFAC more time to discuss the Food for Thought Space, SFAC directed that a proposal be submitted to SAF to renew the lease; this can be pulled at a later date if needed (but cannot submit a proposal late). More information is available in the January 8, 2016 meeting notes.

Fusion (software system)

  • February 23, 2017: Recreation and Wellness is targeting the first day of spring quarter to “go live” with Fusion software for check in at the fitness center. More information is available in the February 23, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 10, 2017: Data sharing agreement between UW Bothell and Cascadia has been signed. This means UW Bothell IT and Cascadia IS can move forward with sharing information to get the ARC software system up and running. More information available in the February 10, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 27, 2017: The Operations Group reviewed a draft letter to send to campus administration, requesting their support to bring the right people together to get a data agreement implemented, so that the ARC can start setting up Fusion. Fusion will allow students to more easily swipe into the fitness center, check out items, and use the online myarc.uwb.edu portal. More information is available in the January 27, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 20, 2017: During discussion of Fitness Center check in process, students brought up the possibility of sending campus administrators a letter requesting their help getting a data sharing agreement between UW Bothell and Cascadia, so that Fusion software can be implemented. A draft will be shared at the next meeting. More information available in the January 20, 2017 meeting notes.

Gaming Alcove

  • May 19, 2017: As an update to previous discussions, could explore using touchscreen to help manage gaming alcove. This could be a summer project. More information is available in the May 19, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 28, 2017: The Operations Group continued discussions around gaming alcove usage. The group discussed the ability to better manage who was using the facility and make it easier for more students to utilize this resource. Students liked the idea of managing a “who’s next line” electronically and talking with the students who use the space to see if they had feedback. More information is available in the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 21, 2017: The Operations Group discussed gaming alcove usage. Currently this is first-come, first serve. Students have noticed that it’s hard to “break in” to use the alcove if the same core group of students is using the space. SFAC wanted to continue to discuss this at future meetings. More information on the April 21, 2017 meeting notes.
  • November 30, 2015: SFAF discussed the gaming alcove and suggests offering more instructions at check out and additional garbage can installed in the space. More information is available in the November 30, 2015 meeting notes.
  • October 23, 2015: Currently buying new video games when possible. SFAC may need to discuss what resources need to be held for gaming alcove in the future. More information is available in the October 23, 2015 meeting notes.

General Building Policies

  • April 20, 2018: SFAC operations began reviewing ARC operating policies. More information is available in the April 20, 2018 meeting notes.
  • May 19, 2017: SFAC continued their review of ARC policies. There were several grammatical updates, but SFAC liked the draft and voted to approve. More information is available on the May 19, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 28, 2017: SFAC had no changes to proposed balloon policy. SFAC felt it was what they were expected.
  • April 21, 2017: SFAC Operations Group continued to discuss building policies. SFAC clarified their intent that meeting rooms should only be reserved in advance for student clubs and organizations, not for staff/faculty meetings, study groups, etc. whether connected to an event in the ARC or not. SFAC also reviewed a more restrictive balloon policy, given the high number of times this year that balloons have been caught up in fans on the second floor. More information can be found in the April 21, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 14, 2017: SFAC reviewed policies as they are currently written. Some items that are not included, but could be, include balloons, fitness/locker policies (already exist, but could be combined into a comprehensive document). SFAC wanted to separate what is “policy” that they are setting, vs “guideline” that units have been empowered to implement. More discussion is needed at future meetings. More information is available in the April 14, 2017 meeting notes.
  • November 4, 2016: The Operations Group reviewed policies related to damage in the building. Currently, the policy talks to damage caused by events, but not for other things. Students liked the idea of adding language to make this policy work for the whole building and voted to update the policy. More information is available in the November 4, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 27, 2016: SFAC did a final review and approval of updates to ARC operating policies. More information is available in the May 27, 2016 meeting notes.
  • May 13, 2016: SFAC reviewed posting policy for the building and decided to allow six posters in the building for each event/program (up from 4), given the additional bulletin boards are now installed. Posting policies should also apply to digital signage, now that this is coming online. More information is available in the May 13, 2016 meeting notes.
  • July 1, 2015: SFAC discussed posting policies. Given limited amount of space, students wanted to start conservatively: only 4 flyers per building, no larger than 11x17. SFAC also discussed general building policies. More information is available in the July 1, 2015 meeting notes.

Involvement & Leadership Office

  • May 18, 2018: SFAC operations group finished their discussion around fridge and other amenities for student leader use. SFAC recommends not purchasing a fridge/other amenities until work room is more consistently cleaned by student leaders. More information is available in the May 18, 2018 meeting notes.
  • April 27, 2018: SFAC operations group continued discussion on ILO amenities and brainstormed potential "penalties" that could help ensure a new fridge/microwave was kept clean. Students wanted to gather feedback from groups. More information is available in the April 27, 2018 meeting notes.
  • April 20, 2018: SFAC operations discussed amenities for student leaders, including fridge and microwave, in the ILO. Discussed ways to ensure these items would be kept clean, but could not come to a plan that they felt would work. More information in the April 20, 2018 meeting notes.
  • April 13, 2018: SFAC provided feedback on ILO furniture and functions for summer purchases and operations for next year. More information is available in the April 13, 2018 meeting notes.
  • March 30, 2018: SFAC discussed layout of new furniture (workstations, storage, etc.). More information on the March 30, 2018 meeting notes.
  • February 23, 2018: SFAC discussed feedback submitted to arcilo@uw.edu during the past two weeks. More information is available in the February 23, 2018 meeting notes.
  • February 9, 2018: SFAC Operations reviewed headcount data for ARC-130/ILO. More information is available in the February 9, 2018 meeting notes.
  • January 19, 2018: Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski presented additional information from fall survey results with recommendations. SFAC reps were asked to gather more user feedback on topics such as: cleaning, layout, fridge access, and coffee machines. More information is available in the January 19, 2018 meeting notes.
  • December 8, 2017: Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski shared initial results from ILO survey. Key themes emerged around cleanliness, furniture layout, computer access, hours, mini meeting rooms, and policy. Sam and Shandy will be invited back to the first meeting of winter quarter for further discussion. More information is available in the December 8, 2017 meeting notes.
  • October 27, 2017: Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski presented information on the the ILO: history of the space, who uses it, policy changes over the years, etc. A survey will be developed to get broad-based input on how the ILO is working and will be given to those students who work in the space. The goal is to get feedback to SFAC by end of Fall Quarter. More information is available in the October 27, 2017 meeting notes.
  • October 13, 2017: Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski will be scheduled for a future SFAC meeting to discuss the ILO, what is working well, what could change, and how to get broad-based input regarding the space. More information is available in the October 13, 2017 meeting notes.
  • September 29, 2017: SFAC began discussing number of computers and storage. Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski will be invited into future meetings for updates and future assessment of this space. In the past, SFAC has used an iterative process improvement to continually make adjustment to the space and procedures for the space. More information is available in the September 29, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 21, 2017: Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski updated SFAC on ILO considerations. An email address, arcilo@uw.edu has been set up to help with communication. There could be more communication with students who use this space about what changes have been implemented and what effect these changes have had. SFAC would also like to revisit the idea of compiling pictures/names/positions of the students who work in the ARC for next year, to help students get to know each other. More information available in the April 21, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 14, 2017: Students have noticed that there are coffee stains, crumbs, and people not cleaning up after themselves in the ILO. May need to revisit previous conversations about space cleaning. Cleaning supplies under the sink in the workroom. More information available in the April 14, 2017 meeting notes.
  • March 31, 2017: Are there ways to make the space more functional? A student asked about how the whiteboard tables get used. More information available in the March 31, 2017 meeting notes.
  • March 10, 2017: Vacuum in the work room can be used for cleaning up food-related messes. This has been more of an issue with food now being allowed. More information in the March 10, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 23, 2017: Should compost be added to the ILO? More information in the February 23, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 20, 2017: ILO signage has been installed. More information in the January 20, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 6, 2017: Positive feedback received about having the ILO doors closed. More information in the January 6, 2017 meeting notes.
  • November 18, 2016: Shandy Stomieroski will purchase sign holders for student groups to post office hours and contact information on the windows next to the ILO doors. Frosting for the mini meeting rooms has been measured. Shandy and Sam will get free-standing sign holder for lobby. More information available in the November 18, 2016 meeting notes.
  • November 4, 2016: Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski shared options for the ILO based on student feedback collected. Students on SFAC discussed and voted to have students working in the ILO/ARC be accountable and hold others accountable for addressing issues as they arise. Food in the ILO was discussed and students voted to allow food in the back of the ILO and “non-messy” food at workstations. Students discussed and voted to have additional signage in the ILO communicating policies and procedures for the ILO. Students on SFAC discussed the role of the front desk to support the ILO and decided to have the front desk should help students to connect with the student leaders working in the space. Due to noise and use concerns, the students on SFAC voted to keep the ILO doors closed and increase signage. More information is available in the November 4, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 21, 2016: SFAC discussed the need for some groups to post information (office hours, current initiatives). Students discussed options for the lobby bulletin boards and/or the ILO windows; decided to table this until conversations regarding ILO can happen. More information available in the October 21, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 14, 2016: SFAC began discussions on how the ILO was currently functioning. Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski have been charged with operationalizing this space. More student staff was requested to support the ILO, but was not funded by UW Bothell in their SAF process for this year. Students on SFAC talked about purpose of the space and agreed that the primary purpose should remain for student leaders. SFAC also discussed food in the ILO, how students can be “handed off” to who they need to see, and if the ILO doors should be open/closed during business hours. More information available in the October 14, 2016 meeting notes.
  • December 11, 2015: Student shared feedback that some students who work in the ARC would like to eat in the ILO. Sam and Shandy should be invited to SFAC for further ILO discussion. More information is available in the December 11, 2015 meeting notes.
  • December 4, 2015: Sam and Shandy are currently administering a survey to those students who work in the ILO to gather feedback on the office. More information will be shared at future SFAC meetings. More information is available in the December 4, 2015 meeting notes.
  • November 6, 2015: Student leaders monitoring space and telling students at large that this is an office space. Sometimes, student leaders “interrogate” students who are in the space. SFAC discussed issues related to ILO usage. More information is available in the November 6, 2015 meeting notes.
  • October 2, 2015: Student leaders have observed that many students are coming into the ILO to study or eat lunch. Students don’t want to kick them out, but this does not seem like the right usage of the space to some. More information is available in the October 2, 2015 meeting notes.
  • August 12, 2015: Expectations for the shared student leader office were discussed. Keeping noise levels and cleanliness levels reasonable was discussed. SFAC discussed having a cleaning schedule, a no-food policy, and all working together to keep space clean. More information is available in the August 12, 2015 meeting notes.

Life Cycle

  • October 28, 2016: Life Cycle planning is where you set aside funds in anticipation of needed repairs/replacement of things in the building (or the building itself). For example, after 5-10 years of use, a treadmill may need to be replaced. SFAC will need to start planning for these kinds of things. SFAC will also need to talk about deferred maintenance. Deferred maintenance is where you put off the replacement of an item that is warn down/broken to save money. SFAC will need to decide what level of deferred maintenance they are comfortable with (or not), and build this into a life cycle plan. This can effect everything from annual maintenance, furniture budgets, technology, and more. SFAC will need to work with other funding groups (SAF/S&A/STF) if they want to recommend sharing the cost of life cycle planning. More information is available in the October 28, 2016 meeting notes.

Memberships

2017

  • November 3, 2017: SFAC Advisory reviewed the Operations Group's recommendation to reduce the cost of guest passes to $5/pass and approved. More information is available in the November 3, 2017 meeting notes.
  • October 13, 2017: SFAC discussed memberships, including guest passes. Some thought that guest passes could be reduced from $8 to $5. Currently, we're not selling many passes, so this doesn't have a large revenue implication at the moment. More information is available in October 13, 2015 meeting notes.

2015

  • October 23, 2015: SFAC discussed memberships for non-fee paying students. SFAC approved Option 2, as presented in previous meetings: non-fee paying students should be eligible to buy an ARC pass for $60/quarter and $8/day guest pass. More information is available in the October 23, 2015 meeting notes.
  • October 16, 2015: SFAC continued to discuss non-fee paying student membership. Still leaning towards Option 2, as presented last week, but did not have quorum to vote. More information is available in the October 16, 2015 meeting notes.
  • October 2, 2015: Both Cascadia and UW Bothell have students on campus that do not pay the ARC fee. These non-fee paying students may want access to ARC amenities (Fitness Center, first floor check out items, etc.). SFAC discussed non-fee paying students, considered options, and decided to collect additional feedback from students before making a decision. More information is available in the October 2, 2015 meeting notes.
  • June 12, 2015: SFAC discussed guest passes and voted to sell guest passes to members so they can bring non-members in. Guest passes are $8/day and guest would need to be accompanied at all times by current student. SFAC also voted to sell quarterly memberships to staff/faculty on campus. Director of Recreation & Wellness still working on pricing structure for staff/faculty members. SFAC voted to allow Director of Recreation & Wellness to set initial price (likely $60/quarter), but gave a range of $50-$111. More information is available in the June 12, 2015 meeting notes.
  • May 29, 2015: Prices and policies regarding memberships from other fitness centers in the area were shared. To start off with, not looking to include alumni, dependents, or community memberships, but there is interest in staff/faculty memberships and guest passes. More discussion regarding staff/faculty passes and guest passes need in future meetings. More information is available in the May 29, 2015 meeting notes.

Parent Union Requests

2017

  • April 28, 2017: No word back about decision not to move forward with proposal. More information is available in the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 14, 2017: SFAC discussed the request from the Parent Union to have a plush play area in the ARC 2nd Floor. Some students felt that smaller toys would be a better fit. There is not currently infrastructure to support the maintenance and set up/tear down to operationalize the group’s vision for this. There were concerns about the alcove space not being large enough to accommodate the structure that was proposed. SFAC wanted to offer something, asked Director of the ARC to let the group know that we could not accommodate their current request, but would be interested in having smaller child-friendly toys in the ARC check out system. More information in the April 14, 2017 meeting notes.
  • March 31, 2017: A group of students and staff requested that the ARC house toys as part of a family friendly spaces initiative. SAF has funded this project and the group is also approaching the Commons, Library, Foot for Thought, and others. The request would be to have a large connect four and play structure in the ARC. The play structure could be requested for events but would be requesting to also put out right until events/right after events that don’t request the play structure. Information on the UW Bothell family friendly spaces guidelines were shared. The space requested is the middle alcove on the second floor. ARC staff would be responsible for setting up and taking down the structure. Funding for cleaning available through June 30, 2017 but not beyond. Cascadia students could also use it if it were out, but would need to check with SAF if Cascadia students could request it for events, since it’s 100% UW Bothell funded. If there is not enough room to store the structure, one large piece of furniture may need to be out in the event space at all times. Parents would be responsible for mediating the risk of their children using the play structure. No current plan for how to fix structure if broken. More information available in the March 31, 2017 meeting notes.

2015

  • June 5, 2015: The Parent Union proposed changing one of the second floor alcoves to a childcare space. Students on SFAC discussed and felt that there was not enough space in the building to hold specific locations for just one club. The Parent Union, however, would be able to reserve space under the same guidelines as any other club. More information is available in the June 5, 2015 meeting notes.

Personnel

2017

  • April 28, 2017: The approval form for the ARC technology person is moving through UW Bothell administration / Human Resources. Will next need final approval from HR / Compensation. More information in the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 7, 2017: For the ARC technology position, UW Bothell HR has reviewed job description and have determined that the position is a higher level than a Program Manager. If students would like to have this position, they will need to allocate additional funding in the budget for next year. Students feel this position is a value-add and should be accommodated in final budget deliberations. More information is available in the May 5, 2017 meeting notes.

2016

  • December 2, 2016: Currently, UW Bothell SAF and Cascadia S&A have allocated funding for part of a Program Manager and Assistant Director. Both positions currently unfilled, but will likely be filled soon. SFAC discussed using some of the projected revenue increases expected next year to move both the Program Manager and Assistant Director’s salaries/benefits all onto the ARC/SFAC budget (instead of asking for these positions to be joint funded from SAF and S&A) for next year. Could free up funds in the SAF and S&A budget for other things. SFAC Advisory Group decided to commit to having both of these positions entirely funded from ARC funds when the build the operating budget for next year. More information is available in the December  2, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 28, 2016: Given that there are two positions unfilled currently (Program Manager and Assistant Director), SFAC discussed using un-spent salary dollars to bring in more help or temporary support. SFAC decided that unused salary dollars could be used in this way. More information is available in the October 28, 2016 meeting notes.
  • October 21, 2016: The Operations Group began discussing ARC professional staff funded off of the ARC budget, in preparation for creating next year’s budget. More information is available in the October 21, 2016 meeting notes.
  • February 26, 2016: SFAC reviewed job description for the ARC Director position. Search will need to be conducted for a permanent hire (current Director on a temporary appointment). More information is available in the February 26, 2016 meeting notes.

Post Occupancy Survey

2017

  • April 28, 2017: SFAC continued to review feedback, looking at what amenities are not currently available that students would like. Some already exist or are close to the ARC. Some would need to be part of a new building/project because existing facilities can’t accommodate (indoor basketball court, for example). More information is available in the April 28, 2017 meeting notes.
  • April 21, 2017: SFAC reviewed feedback. Common themes included the need for more introductions to the fitness center, more weight classes/amenities, and additional lockers. More information on the April 21, 2017 meeting notes.
  • March 31, 2017: SFAC reviewed feedback. Comments suggest that students aren’t necessarily looking for interaction with new people; they come with their friends already. But the building doesn’t discourage interaction either. Marketing of the ARC is a growth area. More information in the March 31, 2017 meeting notes.
  • March 10, 2017: SFAC began reviewing feedback collected in a campus survey to students and staff. A little over 400 people responded to the survey. Over the next few weeks, the Operations Group will review all of the feedback. More information is available in the March 10, 2017 meeting notes.

Print Stations

  • October 14, 2016: The Operations Group discussed print stations again. Cascadia students get pre-paid printing in CC areas; Bothell students can purchase and load a card for printing in UWB/Library areas. Information from the library’s print stations were shared: staff intensive program, managed by Seattle but located here, would need to demonstrate need/demand to add a similar station in the ARC. There isn’t currently an option that integrates CC and UWB processes. SFAC was less excited given the amount of work involved and tabled the discussion. More information is available in the October 14, 2016 meeting notes.
  • More information in Additional Building Needs

Reflection Space

2016

  • January 8, 2016: SFAC discussed reflection space in the ARC. For now, decided to hold off on allocating permanent ARC space, given resources in UW1 and CC3. More information is available in the January 8, 2016 meeting notes.
  • December 11, 2016: Valery Richardson asked SFAC to temporarily designated reflection space in the ARC, given increased media coverage of islamophobia and concerns that Muslim students may not have safe spaces on campus. SFAC discussed and designated the ARC Studio as reflection space for finals week and the two weeks of winter break. More information is available in the January 8, 2016 meeting notes.

2015

  • May 29, 2015: SFAC discussed converting either the second floor alcove or a meeting room into reflection space. Survey data was shared. After a formal vote, alcove and meeting rooms to remain as-is. SFAC suggests marketing of existing resources on campus to student body (and that CC3 reflection space is open to all, including UW Bothell students). More information in the May 29, 2015 meeting notes.
  • May 8, 2015: A proposal was made to convert an alcove on the second floor into reflection space. Students will discuss with their groups and bring back for future meetings’ discussions. More information is available in the May 8, 2015 meeting notes.

SFAC

2015

  • August 19, 2015: SFAC finalized plans to split SFAC into two groups: an Advisory group that would look at finances and long-term planning and an Operations group that would look at day-to-day operations in the ARC. SFAC also set membership for each committee. Will need to be included in an updated MOU between UW Bothell and Cascadia. More information is available in the August 19, 2015 meeting notes.
  • August 12, 2015: SFAC discussed committee representation again. Still feeling like there should be more student voices (ARC employee, R&W representation, etc) and that two committees would allow each to focus on their specific area. There may also be a need to define roles broadly (for example “a CSG representative” instead of “CSG President”). More information is available in the August 12, 2015 meeting notes.
  • August 4 , 2015: SFAC continued to talk about splitting into two groups. Also discussed was having co-chairs/staff members be non-voting members on the Advisory Group (leaving only students as voting members). SFAC also did non-ARC related things (Food for Thought, for example), which will also need a place in the new structure. More information is available in the August 4, 2015 meeting notes.

Solar panel requests

2017

  • March 3, 2017: With the requirement of the grant, cannot buy the panels now and install later. The group requesting using the ARC will move on to other locations around campus. More information in the March 3, 2017 meeting notes.
  • February 3, 2017: The Advisory Group reviewed last months’ proposal to put solar panels on the ARC. The students thought that the presentation was well researched and presented. There are still concerns about using student dollars for a project like this and STF funds at UW Bothell may not be as accessible as suggested previously. Cascadia STF funds are fairly depleted right now. Everyone likes the idea of being green, but this project is very expensive. Perhaps more could be done surrounding conservation, before a large project like this is undertaken. If SFAC were to approve space for this, potentially would need to think about re-allocating professional staff time to help coordinate efforts. An idea was proposed to buy solar panels now, but save for Phase II for install. Students decided to allocate space on the ARC for solar panels, and professional staff time for this project, only if the panels would not be installed until Phase II. More information is available in the February 3, 2017 meeting notes.
  • January 6, 2017: Prior to the presentation, SFAC generated a list of questions about the solar panel proposal, including: what is the impact to both institutions, how would it impact Phase II, where the panels would go, how long before it is profitable,  and would the energy saving benefit the ARC? A group of UW Bothell and Cascadia students and staff made a presentation to propose putting solar panels on the roof of the ARC. The ARC was selected because it has a flat roof and could also be used for research. Some of the benefits include offsetting some of the utilities cost to the building, student pride in the project, helping to sustain jobs and possibly create jobs that are environmentally friendly. A short survey was completed of 35 students that had some positive support for renewable energy. Per the presenters, the timing may be good because this may be the last time grant funding is available to help off-set some of the cost of a project like this. Given experience with these on campus, maintenance expected to be minimal. The project would not pay for itself in the near future. Could be 40 years before it broke even. More information available in the January 6, 2017 meeting notes.

2016

  • March 11, 2016: Grant deadline has passed for this year. Next round of grants will be 2017. More information is available in the March 11, 2016 meeting notes.
  • March 4, 2016: Tony Guerro send the ASUWB president a proposal to use the ARC roof to install solar panels. SFAC discussed this opportunity and had questions about how big of an undertaking this would be, impact to a potential ARC Phase II, and timing. More discussion would be needed before moving ahead. More information available in the March 4, 2016 meeting notes.

Vending Machines

  • January 15, 2016: Per Chelsea Knoedel (UW Bothell Aux. Services), we have not been able to move forward with non-food vending in the ARC. Current contracts with campus vending is with Coca Cola and Canteen. If we are unable to use either option for non-food vending, may need to explore other possibilities. More information is available in the January 15, 2016 meeting notes.
  • July 22, 2015: Canteen representative came to SFAC meeting to discuss “fresh” vending options (including premade sandwiches, fruit, etc). Machines would be stocked multiple times throughout the week. More information is available in the July 22, 2015 meeting notes.

Additional building needs

2018

  • October 26, 2018: SFAC discussed ways to market event services and headcounts.
  • October 19, 2018: SFAC discussed fitness center resources, including towels.
  • May 11, 2018: SFAC recommended that external tabling be limited to groups with an education purpose/career purpose, with limits on location.
  • May 4, 2018: SFAC discussed potential pool table locations on campus and did not recommend the ARC as a new home for a UW Bothell pool table.
  • April 27, 2018: SFAC discussed a campus survey regarding external tabling.
  • April 20, 2018: SFAC discussed off campus groups tabling in the ARC and dance policies.
  • April 13, 2018: Deans at CC and UWB collected feedback on MOU.
  • April 6, 20018: SFAC discussed bidets in the ARC, MOU updates, and meetings.
  • March 30, 2018: SFAC discussed meeting format/agendas and student input; meeting note feedback included in notes.
  • March 9, 2018: SFAC discussed lobby furniture, SFAC meeting structure, foosball, and late fees.
  • March 2, 2018: SFAC discussed updates to the ARC's Memorandum of Understanding, student survey, and SFAC meeting structure.
  • February 23, 2018: Campus closures, student surveys, and committee functions were discussed.
  • February 9, 2018: Display cases, check out equipment, and foosball table were discussed.
  • February 9, 2018: SFAC operations group discussed new contact listserve.
  • February 9, 2018: SFAC brainstormed potential question topics for student amenities survey, as well as considerations.
  • February 9, 2018: SFAC discussed potential late-fees/rules around overdue equipment rentals. More discussion needed before implementing changes.
  • January 26, 2018: SFAC discussed additional items for check out at the front desk, whiteboard tables, and foosball table.
  • January 26, 2018: SFAC discussed posting contact information for the group and suggested creating listserves for SFAC.
  • January 26, 2018: A student presented information on re-allocating space in the ARC for a computer lab. SFAC discussed and decided to start compiling a survey on student needs/resources and usage data.
  • January 19, 2018: SFAC discussed one-time projects, including display cases and locations.

2017

  • December 8, 2017: SFAC narrowed down one-time project list and voted to move forward with stage ramp, pipe and drape, hair dryers, and soap dispensor. Holding off on ILO/Furniture items until winter quarter.
  • October 20, 2017: SFAC continued to discuss one time projects. Decisions about repurposing ILO furniture will be included in future conversations around one-time projects.
  • October 13, 2017: SFAC brainstormed ideas for one-time project dollars.
  • October 13, 2017: SFAC discussed marketing needs for services within the ARC.
  • September 29, 2017: SFAC discussed how the transition from “open use” to “event use” happens. In the past, event planners have asked folks to leave/move and invited them back for the event later.
  • September 29, 2017: More marketing is needed for the ARC. The ARC should have a table at the Cascadia Involvement Fair this quarter.
  • September 29, 2017: SFAC discussed one-time projects, including the potential to add more color to meeting rooms and furniture to lobby. More discussion will be needed at future meetings.
  • September 29, 2017: Maintenance work performed over the summer included water bypass shut off and electrical work in the women’s LL restroom.
  • September 29, 2017: SFAC discussed use of the loading zone and voted to have the 30-minute loading zone time enforced the same way it is enforced other places on campus.
  • June 2, 2017: Clocks are needed in the meeting rooms. These can be installed over summer.
  • June 2, 2017: Cell signal is not always strong in the building. There are on-going campus discussions regarding this issue for the whole campus.
  • June 2, 2017: Stairs can be slippery if it is wet outside. Coordinate with Facility Services to determine what options have been tried elsewhere on campus.
  • June 2, 2017: ADA buttons should be checked regularly. This could be added to building staff role.
  • June 2, 2017: Pad/Tampons should be added to the Men’s Restrooms. These are already in the Women’s and All Gender Restrooms. These will be available starting summer.
  • June 2, 2017: SFAC in the fall may want to consider additional furniture (or changing furniture configuration) in the first floor lobby, to accommodate more seating.
  • June 2, 2017: Handles on some of the furniture in the ILO have sharp edges. These could be replaced over the summer.
  • June 2, 2017: There could be corkboard/additional items outside of ARC-140 with information on Professional Staff offices. Options could be considered over summer.
  • June 2, 2017: Access to ARC-142 storage room should be revisited over the summer. Prox Card readers being installed; Advisors to communicate who needs access.
  • June 2, 2017: ILO/Workroom cleaning schedule could be larger. Sam Al-Khoury and Shandy Stomieroski oversee these functions.
  • June 2, 2017: Some students may need access to a washer and dryer on campus. SFAC could consider in Fall 2018 if the ARC plays a role in this.
  • May 19, 2017: There may be confusion regarding ARC operating hours, since we close earlier on Fridays than Monday-Thursday.
  • May 19, 2017: Positive feedback about the “Failure Wall” installation that was recently in the ARC.
  • April 21, 2017: Interest in adding different/healthier options to vending machines.

2016

  • November 4, 2016: When ARC hosts events, it could be helpful for the front desk to have information on the event.
  • October 28, 2016: Additional marketing is needed for the ARC.
  • October 28, 2016: SFAC allocated funds for additional building signage from 2016-2018 contingency funds.
  • October 21, 2016: Operations Group came to consensus that Professional Staff can make emergency or weather-related decisions to close the building if needed.
  • October 14, 2016: Operations Group reviewed options for additional building signage.
  • October 7, 2016: People get lost in the ARC. Contingency funds could be used on more signage.
  • October 7, 2016: All-student email sent to Cascadia students about the ARC.
  • October 7, 2016: Would be a good idea to have a large wall calendar.
  • June 3, 2016: Cleaning workroom can be challenging if you don’t know where things should live. A diagram could be helpful.
  • June 3, 2016: Summer SFAC meetings were discussed; could be advantageous if students are available.
  • June 3, 2016: Out-going SFAC shared advice for in-coming SFAC group.
  • May 27, 2016: SFAC voted on potential locations for energy dashboard. If these locations are not an option, SFAC does not want to disrupt other areas.
  • May 13, 2016: Per SFAC’s direction, disposable cutlery now available in the lower level.
  • May 13, 2016: Digital signage has been installed.
  • May 13, 2016: SFAC discussed wall protection for meeting rooms, however want to see damage to wall once gallery/art system is in place.
  • May 6, 2016: SFAC discussed energy dashboard; would like more information before making decisions on if this is needed.
  • May 6, 2016: Standing fans should be purchased for meeting rooms.
  • April 22, 2016: SFAC asked Facility Services to look into a “neverwet” coating on windows as a bird poo repellent; Facility Services recommends not using as it may damage coating currently on windows and void warranty.
  • April 22, 2016: Cork foosball balls could be tried to see if this lowers the noise of the foosball table.
  • April 22, 2016: Permanent, more inclusive, restrooms signs have been installed. Temporary signs have been removed.
  • April 15, 2016: Clocks should be installed on the second floor event space.
  • April 15, 2016: Final furniture purchases reviewed by SFAC.
  • April 1, 2016: A number of maintenance items were completed over spring break, including: shower remodel in lower level, ARC-120 ADA button repairs, ducting noise issues in lower level, paint touch ups, all-gender restroom locks updated, carpet tile repair in 121, lighting in entrance way, ballast replacement, fitness center door, pads/tampons in restrooms, and stools for locker rooms.
  • April 1, 2016: A “snack shack” was piloted on the second floor. Sales were low. Program lacked marketing and signage. SFAC recommends not trying again until a marketing plan is in place.
  • April 1, 2016: SFAC discussed additional way-finding signs in the building.
  • March 11, 2016: After spring break, ARC will test having music playing on the second floor.
  • March 11, 2016: SFAC discussed the possibility of making pads/tampons freely available in ARC restrooms.
  • March 4, 2016: UW Bothell Axillary Services would like to try a snack table/snack shack on the second floor for next quarter.
  • February 26, 2016: SFAC reviewed draft MOU between UW Bothell and Cascadia for the ARC.
  • February 5, 2016: SFAC discussed UW Bothell laptop cart. Was funded solely by UW Bothell STF for student leaders. If the requestors of these laptops wanted to make them available to other populations, they would need to ask STF.
  • January 29, 2016: SFAC selected a digital signage solution for the ARC.
  • January 29, 2016: SFAC discussed adding computer stations to lobby, but decided not to pursue further.
  • January 15, 2016: SFAC began discussions on adding lobby computer stations.
  • January 8, 2016: SFAC discussed adding additional window cleanings for exterior windows.
  • January 8, 2016: Second floor booths have been repaired and are now installed.

2015

  • November 30, 2015: Exterior building signage is being installed.
  • November 30, 2015: SFAC will host a gathering of current student leaders and Alumni to celebrate the opening of the ARC.
  • November 13, 2015: A skateboard locker will be installed in the lower level.
  • November 13, 2015: Art can be added to the ARC, especially art featuring student artists.
  • November 6, 2015: A digital signage vendor gave a presentation to SFAC.
  • November 6, 2015: Faculty and staff are not able to reserve meeting rooms for staff/faculty-specific meetings. If space is available day-of, staff/faculty can use on a first-come, first- serve basis.
  • October 23, 2015: Additional microwave should be installed on the second floor.
  • October 2, 1015: Official ribbon cutting will be on October 7th.
  • September 9, 2015: SFAC picked exterior signage.
  • September 9, 2015: SFAC named spaces in the building: ARC-040 “The Studio”; ARC-201/202 “The Overlook”; ARC-121 “The Boardroom”; ARC-121 “The ILO” / “The Involvement & Leadership Office”.
  • August 19, 2015: ARC logo was selected.
  • July 15, 2015: SFAC selected foosball table and swag for the ARC.
  • July 8, 2015: SFAC decided to have two holders in restrooms, so both TP Times and BS Times can be displayed.