Health and Wellness Resource Center Frequently Asked Questions
What is the HaWRC and the Benefits Hub?
- The HaWRC is the Health and Wellness Resource Center, we are a one stop hub that connects students to on-campus and off-campus resource to help you thrive!
What are the services provided by the HaWRC and the Benefits Hub?
- Our services include transportation assistance, housing navigation, food and utilities assistance, scholarship and financial aid assistance, financial coaching, Washington Apple Healthcare enrollment, helping with any emergency financial situation, housing navigation and assistance – to name a few. If you or another student might realistically drop out of school for any reason, please come talk to us.
Is the HaWRC open during winter 2021 while classes are remote?
- Not in person - while clases are remote, the HaWRC will be offering all of the usual services in remote format. Most meetings are taking place over the phone or Zoom, and educational workshops and events are virtual.
Should I submit my proof of immunization to the HaWRC?
Is the HaWRC considered an on-campus clinic or does it have any medical staff?
- No. There are no physicians or registered nurses working out of our office to provide medical care or services. However, we do refer to the 24/7 Nurse Consultation Service at 425.899.3000, press “2” at the prompt. We also refer students to Health Point Bothell for medical needs.
How can I find out about different initiatives the HaWRC does on campus?
Do I need an appointment or do you take walk-ins?
- It is always helpful to make an appointment to get a scheduled time-slot, however we do always welcome walk-ins during office hours. If we cannot help you with an issue we will refer you to any on-campus or off-campus resources that can help you.
To make an appointment, kindly visit our website: https://www.uwb.edu/arc/hawrc >Book An Appointment>UWB/Cascadia College>then select from the dropdown menu what resource you’re looking for>fill our your basic information and your appointment is set. A confirmation E-Mail will be sent confirming your appointment.