ARC Event-Related Policies
The complete ARC Policies & Procedures can be found on our Policy and Procedures webpage. For your convenience, we have listed the policies most related to events below. Questions can be directed to the ARC team at email@example.com.
Alcohol: The use of alcohol for events within the ARC requires permits/forms to be submitted four weeks prior to event. In order to obtain a banquet permit for an event on campus, event organizer must complete the on-campus form as well as the state form. Both of these forms must be posted during the event. The event organizer is responsible for following all campus and state guidelines and regulations regarding the use of alcohol during the event.
Animals: Animals are not permitted within the ARC, with the exception of service animals. More information regarding service animals is available at:
Candles: Open flame candles (such as Sterno’s) may only be used in the ARC to heat food (or with prior approval, on a case by case basis, by the Director of the ARC), with the following guidelines:
- Candles may not be left unattended while burning.
- Candles must be of low flame variety and must be placed in a sturdy, non-combustible container.
- Candles should be completely enclosed in a tip-resistant non-combustible container constructed so as to be self-righting if placed in a freestanding position when possible. The container, if tipped, must be capable of containing the entire candle, dripping way, and convected heat within the container.
- All readily combustible materials, such as drapes, curtains, or blinds, must be secured at least three feet away from the open flame.
- Candles must not be used in close proximity to heat or smoke detectors or sprinkler heads in such a way that heat or smoke might activate the device.
Incense is prohibited inside the ARC, except by prior approval from the Director of the ARC. Lighting devices such as tiki lamps, oil lamps, torches, etc. are prohibited inside the ARC. Electronic “candles” welcomed.
Commercial Use: The ARC may not be used for private or commercial purposes such as sales, advertising, charitable solicitations, or promotional activities unless such activities serve an educational purpose as determined by the Director of the ARC.
Damage, Theft, Vandalism: All individuals using the ARC facilities are expected to take reasonable steps to ensure proper care of the building and equipment. Any costs related to repair and/or replacement of ARC facilities and/or equipment due to damage, misuse, or vandalism (whether accidental or intentional), shall be the responsibility of the individual and/or sponsoring organization of the specific event, subject to review of the ARC professional staff. The ARC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property.
Emergencies: In the event of an emergency, guests of the ARC shall comply with all instructions from building staff and campus officials.
- Bothell Fire & Police: dial 911 from any campus phone
- Campus Security: dial 25359 from any campus phone (425-352-5359 from off campus)
- ARC Information Desk: dial 23878 from any campus phone (425-352-3878 from off campus)
Event Reservation Cancellations: Please see our Reservation Policies page.
Event Reservations for Rain Back Up: Please see our Reservation Policies page.
- No holes, paint or markings of any kind, size, or location that may permanently damage the facility are permitted. Please use blue painters tape to hang decorations. No decorations may be affixed with duct tape, nails, tacks, or staples to any moveable wall or painted wall surface.
- All exits must be free of barricades; no objects may be blocking exits or placed within six feet of an exit.
- Exit signs, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire pull alarms, and emergency lights cannot be decorated, covered, or obstructed in any way.
- The use of confetti or mylar cutout/sprinkle type decorations is prohibited.
- Helium mylar balloons are not permitted as event decorations. Event planners using other types of helium balloons are responsible for securing balloons with weights. Removing stray balloons or replacing damaged caused by balloons tangled in fans, will be charged to the event planner and/or their organization. Please refrain from popping balloons in the ARC.
Decorations must be removed by the end of a group’s reservation, including those decorations placed outside or near the ARC.
Glitter: Glitter or mylar confetti is not allowed in the ARC.
Hallway and Stairways: In compliance with fire and safety codes, hallways and stairwells must be free and clear of unauthorized items.
Lost and Found: Items turned into the Information Desk will be delivered to Campus Safety on a routine basis.
Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in the ARC. This includes vaporizers.
Windows, Doors, Floors: nothing may be affixed to the windows, doors, and floors of the ARC without authorization. This may include paint, posters, signage, stickers, flyers, writing with markers, and other items.