If you wish to apply to any of the undergraduate majors offered by the CSS Division and are currently enrolled as a premajor at the University of Washington Bothell, please view the information below.
CSS 161: Fundamentals of Computing
CSSSKL 161: Fundamental Programming Skills
CSS 162: Programming Methodology
CSSSKL 162: Programming Methodology Skills
STMATH 124: Calculus I
STMATH 125: Calculus II
STMATH 390, BIS 315, or B BUS 215: Statistics
English Composition: B WRIT 134
Advanced Composition: B WRIT 135
* 2.0 is the minimum GPA required to receive credit for the course, but is not considered competitive. For more information regarding admission to the program please see CUSP or a CSS Advisor.
Undergraduate Application for UWB Premajors
See the link in the left navigation bar entitled "Application Deadlines for Undergraduate Majors."
Where should I drop my application off?
Please drop applications off at the front desk in Discovery Hall, Suite 352.
Enrollment and admission into the majors offered by the CSS Division is highly competitive. The admissions committee uses a holistic approach when reviewing applications and takes into account, academic performance (GPA in prerequisite courses, overall GPA, grade trend, repeated courses), activities outside the classroom, and the personal statement.
1. Statistics is the ONLY soft prerequisite. This means the course can be in progress, or completed after admitted to the major.
2. Decisions are not made until the committee receives the final grades for all prerequisite courses.
3. If you have taken the Calculus or Programming prerequisite courses at an institution other than UWS/UWT/UWB, you will need to attach your unofficial/official transcript to the application.
4. You will need to select 1 major to apply to (per quarter). Please do not submit an application for multiple CSS majors (CSSE, Applied Computing, or Computer Engineering) at once.