The Bachelor of Arts in Applied Computing (AC) is a multidisciplinary degree that allows students to become experts in integrating computer technology with a second discipline. This program is highly relevant today, as computing expertise is needed in almost every aspect of society.
This degree is designed specifically to build in-depth, well-rounded knowledge as both a computing professional and in an area of specialized interest.
Second discipline options
Applied Computing students may complete their second discipline of study in several ways:
- Second undergraduate major or minor offered by UW Bothell:
- Minor offered by a different UW campus:
- Approved custom cluster of interrelated courses in a non-computing discipline, totaling at least 25 credits
Coursework and skills
The Applied Computing curriculum provides a basis of computer science and software engineering skills that students can add to based on their own areas of interest. Read more about the Applied Computing major requirements.
Applied Computing capstone
All Applied Computing students take part in a final project, Applied Computing Capstone (CSS 496), in which they integrate their CSS coursework with their chosen second discipline coursework to deepen their education. The capstone project provides momentum that students can use to start their career.
Job titles of recent graduates
When combined with a second discipline, the Applied Computing degree can lead to many different career opportunities! Recent examples of job titles and companies of our graduates include:
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Web Services
- Technical Recruiter (Engineering), Aerotek
- Software Engineer, AT&T
- Full Stack Web Developer, Azula Codes
- Programmer Analyst, Boeing
- Software Engineer, Collabera Inc.
- Software Developer / Co-founder, Entrepreneur
- Developer in Test II, Expeditors
- Technology Teacher, King's Schools
- App Assure Program Manager, Microsoft
- Tech Check Team, Kaiser Permanente
- Data Analyst, Point B
- Sr. Project Manager, Technical at T-Mobile
- Tech-X Professional, T-Mobile
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Software Engineer (iOS), Samaritan
- Senior Associate, Operational Logistics, Team Rubicon
- Academic Advisor for Computer Science, University of Washington Bothell
- Lead Makerspace Administrative Staff, University of Washington Bothell