Web content editing
Advancement & External Relations (AER) web team offers an introductory editor training and advanced publisher training for content editors maintaining web pages for their unit. All trainees must complete the editor training before signing up for the publisher training.
You must have a UW NetID to access Kentico. A portion of the training is interactive and requires trainees to log in to Kentico. Employees cannot use coworker accounts; the trainer will be verifying accounts.
- UW NetID account
- Permission to edit - only UW Bothell personnel may request editing access. The trainee's supervisor and primary web publisher written approval are needed. Learn more about getting permission.
Introductory editor training
All staff, faculty, or student-employee who needs to edit the uwb.edu website for their school or unit must attend this training. They will gain editor level access to the directories designated by their primary publisher after completing the training.
Agenda (2 hours)
- Best practices on creating pages
- How to add images, headings, hyperlinks, bullets, and more with the toolbar editor
- Policies about web accessibility, UW branding and other responsibilities
- Become familiar with online resources and support
Advanced publisher training
The Office of Marketing & Communications only allows staff and faculty to receive publisher level training and access for various reasons such as the responsibility to maintain accessibility requirements and brand standards as well as verifying the accuracy of the content posted.
Agenda (2 hours)
- Reviewing what is different and web team expectations with new level of access
- Practice adding columns into your content
- Reviewing, renaming, moving, and publishing pages
- Advanced accessibility and brand best practices overview
- Web usability basics including mobile and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Editor & publisher training dates
- Editor trainings are approximately 2.5 hours with ten spots available per training.
- Publisher trainings are approximately 1.5 hours with four spots available per training. Do not sign up for the publisher training until after you've completed the editor training.
Please email email@example.com with any training questions and check back frequently for training updates.
Additional training opportunities
Trained content editors may schedule follow up training sessions. Those interested in a one-on-one, small group, or advanced training can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cc the primary publisher or appropriate publisher and include the full names of all the trainees, the topic(s) to cover, and any other relevant information.
The AER web team does not offer training or support on other internet (Wordpress, etc.) or intranet (SharePoint, Google sites, etc.) platforms.