Steps to create your UW NetID
These instructions are only intended for students who applied online to the Bothell campus of the University of Washington via the online application.
If you already have a UW NetID, including current/former UW Seattle or Tacoma students, Cascadia students, UW staff, Harborview employees, click here to update your profile.
Have your UW online application username and password ready
Find the username and password you used recently to apply online to the UW. You will need them to create your official UW NetID account in Step 2.
You can make sure you have the correct username and password by trying to login again to your online application account. If successful, you will see your online application activity page. Then return to this page and proceed to Step 2.
Forgot your online application username or password?
Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't remember my online application username or password.
- You will need the username and password you used to submit your online application in order to create your official UW account. If you forgot your online application username or password, use the links provided to get help.
- I'm using the right username and password from my online application but I'm not able to create my UW NetID.
- You must use the username and password from the account you used when you submitted your first online application to the UW. This can be a little tricky if you applied to more than one campus of the UW -- Bothell, Seattle, Tacoma -- and you used different online accounts through CollegeNet.
- Do I need a system key and Private Access Code (PAC)?
- No, you do not need a system key or PAC. Only those who submitted a paper application or who are unable to create their account with their online application username and password will receive a system key and PAC. Those applicants will receive instructions in the mail about how to set up their account.
- I reset my online application password.
- If you reset your online application password, you can still proceed through steps 1 and 2. Double check that you have the correct username and password by logging back into your online application account activity. Once you can log in successfully, proceed to step 2.
- I applied online and have the right login info but can't proceed.
- If you know you applied online and you are using the correct username and password but cannot complete step 2, please contact the Office of Admissions at 425-352-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I already have a UW NetID (Including current/former Cascadia students, UW staff, Harborview employees, etc.).
- I already have a UW NetID and forgot my UW NetID password.
- If you already have a UW NetID and you forgot your password then you will need to reset it. Go to the UW NetID password reset page. Enter in your UW NetID username and then choose a method to verify your identity. If you choose "Your UW Online Applicant for Admission Identity", then you will be asked to provide your online application username and password.
- I already have a UW NetID and forgot my UW NetID username.
- If you already have a UW NetID and you forgot your username, you will need to retrieve it. Go to the UW NetID username retrieval page. Verify your identity by providing your online application username and password. Once successful, you will see your UW NetID displayed at the top of the page.