This page serves as a resource and a central hub for programming and support for graduate students at the University of Washington Bothell. We encourage you to reach out to your Graduate Advisor (see below) to share suggestions for graduate student support, resources, academic and social events, or anything that you wish to contribute to enriching graduate culture on campus.
Events & Announcements
Check the UW Bothell Calendar for academic and social events for graduate students. Please send any graduate-specific events or activities to your Graduate Advisor for posting.
Save-the-Date: Wednesday, February 10th 4:15-5:45 We Love Our Graduate Students event!
Come for the amazing menu and stay to build community and network with grad students from all programs at UWB! The GRAD Council will be hosting a drop-in event for all graduate students on Wednesday, February 10th from 4:15 - 5:45 pm in UW1-361.
We will have representatives from each graduate program there to learn more about graduate student needs and take any suggestions. Heavy appetizers will be provided . Feel free to stop by, meet your fellow graduate students, learn more about the Graduate Hub, and grab some food!
Writing and Communication Center
The Wacc provides specific services to fit graduate student needs:
• LIAISON FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS: Discuss your specific needs/goals and develop a personalized plan to take advantage of our services with Laura Burgher the WaCC’s Lead Consultant and graduate of the MFA program. Email Laura at email@example.com.
• EXTENDED and RECURRING CONFERENCES: work one-on-one with a consultant in both face-to-face and phone conferences, for more than the usual 50 minutes per day. Set up recurring appointments to work through a large project or your Master's Thesis/Capstone Project.
• GRADUATE LEVEL SUPPORT: work with staff who have received a Master's Degree from UWB or work with a current graduate student. We can provide the support you need in face-to-face, phone, and online conferences. For more information about our services, visit our website: http://www.uwb.edu/wacc/for-students.
• READING/WRITING STRATEGIES: receive targeted support for academic reading and writing at the graduate level.
• AVAILABILITY: we are open evenings and weekends to accommodate your schedule. Fall Quarter hours:
Student Academic Enhancement Fund (SAEF) Award
Each year the UW Bothell ASUWB student organization has offered an opportunity to apply for travel funds from the Student Academic Enhancement Fund (SAEF), established by the Services and Activities Fee Committee and administered by ASUWB. Awards of up to $1,500 have been made available to help fund students’ educational travel. The online application is now available.