Apply Now

Submit Your Transcripts

You will have official academic records at every school where you have attempted credits, and UW Bothell requires that you submit an official transcript from each school. To submit transcripts, contact the Registrar’s Office at each school as soon as possible to request your official transcripts be sent to UW Bothell. All transcripts must be sent to our office:

University of Washington Bothell
Office of Admissions, Box 358500
18115 Campus Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011-8246

Here are some commonly asked questions to help you through this process:

What is an official transcript?

Paper transcripts must remain sealed in the original envelope as issued by the school, that we can verify has not been opened or tampered with (usually with the school’s unbroken sticker or stamp over the seal). Electronic transcripts may be sent directly to UW Bothell by the issuing school. We accept transcripts emailed or faxed directly from the school as long as we can verify that they were sent by a school official.

When should I request my official transcripts?

Your admissions application will not be reviewed until all official transcripts and required documents have been received.  You do not need to wait until you have received or sent all official transcripts to UW Bothell to submit your online application.  The Admissions Office will match your transcripts with your online application when received.  If you attend(ed) a Washington State Community College, please have your transcript(s) sent directly from the community college electronically or faxed.

How do I send my transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse?

When you order a transcript using National Student Clearinghouse, please note that the University of Washington Bothell is not listed as a recipient. It only shows an option of the University of Washington. To ensure that your transcript gets to our office, please do the following when you are on the "Enter Recipient Details" page:

  1. Select "Washington" as the state
  2. Select "Not in the list" as the School Name
  3. Type in "University of Washington Bothell"
  4. Select "Mail" as the Delivery Method (Selecting "Mail" will allow us to receive your transcripts electronically)
  5. Fill out address listed above (Ensure it is Attention of "Office of Admissions Box 358500")
  6. To be sure, add "Bothell Campus" in the Special Instruction box

Do I need an official high school transcript?

If you met CADR requirements through high school, yes, we do require an official high school transcript.  However, if you completed all CADR requirements through college coursework, your official high school transcript will not be required.  If you received a GED, an official high school transcript is still required to verify CADR requirements.

I am a senior in high school and need to send in my senior midyear transcripts. What is that?

Midyear transcripts are unofficial or official transcripts, which report your first term of senior year final grades. The first term will depend on the academic calendar system (semester, trimester, or quarters) your school is on:

  • Semester system - A midyear transcript reporting your first semester final grades from your senior year. 
  • Trimester system - A midyear transcript reporting your final first trimester grades from your senior year.
  • Quarter system - A midyear transcript reporting your final fall quarter grades from your senior year. 

The midyear transcripts provide the admission committee your most recent academic performance and are required to begin the review process of your application. You may upload an unofficial transcript to your student status page. If you are unsure how to access your student status page, search for the email titled “Thank You for Applying” to review the instructions for setting up your status page.

I already sent my transcripts to UW Seattle or UW Tacoma.  Can you retrieve them?

Because all UW campuses have separate admissions offices, applicants need to send all transcripts and/or required documents to UW Bothell even if you already sent them to UW Seattle and/or UW Tacoma.  We do not share student application files, transcripts or any other application documents with UW Seattle or UW Tacoma.

However, if you have taken classes at any University of Washington campus (UW Seattle, UW Tacoma or UW Bothell), you do n0ot need to submit official transcripts for those classes, as we have access to those records.

I attended a college outside the U.S. What document should I submit to UW Bothell?

All international post-secondary transcripts must be evaluated by an approved translation and evaluation company (see below). All evaluations must be completed with official documents sent to the evaluation company directly from institutions. A course-by-course evaluation must be sent to the Office of Admissions at UW Bothell in a sealed envelope or other means of official transmission directly from the evaluation agency.

If you can obtain a transcript in English from your institution, please verify with the Office of Admissions for approval.

Note: Any document submitted to the Office of Admissions to supplement the application becomes part of the official admissions record and cannot be released back to the student.

What if my transcript is issued in another language?

If your official transcript is issued in a language other than English, we also require an English translation. The transcript(s) in question must be accompanied by a certified literal English translation in the same format as the originals. To be considered official, the translator must be certified by the American Translators Association or corresponding body in the originating country, or should have a Master’s degree in Translation or Interpretation. The translation may also be completed by the issuing institution. Ultimately, you will be submitting two documents – an official transcript AND an official English translation.

Homeschooled Applicants click here for more information about acceptable transcripts.

International Applicants click here for more information about acceptable transcripts.