Active Military & Veterans

Do I need my official military transcripts?
Official military transcripts (Joint Services Transcripts) must be submitted to the Office of Admissions for evaluation. Coursework recommended for academic college credit at the lower or upper division level by the American Council on Education (ACE) will be considered for transfer provided that the coursework is applicable to the student’s degree program at the University of Washington. Military coursework is not included in the transfer GPA, and transfer credit will not be awarded until after the student has enrolled at the University. A maximum of 30 quarter credits may be awarded for military courses earned through Armed Forces training schools (AFTS). No credit is awarded for Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) programs. Regionally accredited military schools are evaluated under the same guidelines as all other regionally accredited two- and four-year schools.

How do I order military transcripts?
To order military transcripts, please see this military transcript resource.

Do I need my medical records for immunity verification?
UW Bothell requires proof of immunity to register for classes. If you are in the military, be sure to request a copy of your medical records prior to exiting the military. Find out more about the immunization policies here.

Can I meet with an admissions advisor over the phone or by email?
Yes! To set up a phone advising appointment, please call the Welcome Desk at 425-352-5000. To set up an email advising appointment, please email the Welcome Desk at uwbinfo@uw.edu. Staff at the Welcome Desk will schedule a meeting with an advisor that can answer your admission questions.

Where can I learn more about Veteran’s benefits at UW Bothell?
To learn more about Veteran’s benefits at UW Bothell including tuition rates and how to use your benefits, please visit the Veterans Services. Contact current veteran students through the Student-Veteran's Association at UW Bothell

Does UW Bothell offer any classes specifically for veterans or their family members?
Yes. UW Bothell has designed a class to assist veterans in making a positive transition to UWB and from military life to civilian college life. In particular, the course will aid veterans in navigating the academic, financial, social, physiological, and psychological challenges they may encounter when transitioning to a new school, a demanding college life and civilian careers.  You will be introduced to key resources, opportunities, and people available to you at UW Bothell.  For more information, visit the Veterans Services.